1.8 20vt running issues..

Craigmbp

Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm new on here, having some issues with my 2006 ibiza fr 1.8t.

So my car was sat up for around 3 days with no issues apart from a noisy drive belt tensioner as the bearing in the pulley is on its way out, I've got the tensioner and new belt ready to put on this weekend. Driving home from work this evening under boost the EPC light came on and the car is hesitating from about 3.5k revs upwards. If i let off the throttle after a few seconds the EPC light goes off again.
Every time I hit boost over 3.5k revs it does the same thing. The car idles around 800-850 rpm as it should do, it doesn't have any problems starting or anything. Anybody got any ideas on what the issue could be please?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi sounds like a coil pack breaking up under load. Have you got any spare? If you’ve got a scan tool it will tell you more ie hopefully which cylinder the misfire was. Other if for 4 different coil packs off a mates car on yours and road test again. If it solves the issue buy 4 new coil packs. Hope this helps.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi sounds like a coil pack breaking up under load. Have you got any spare? If you’ve got a scan tool it will tell you more ie hopefully which cylinder the misfire was. Other if for 4 different coil packs off a mates car on yours and road test again. If it solves the issue buy 4 new coil packs. Hope this helps.
Just seen the date on this post...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.