Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

1.8 TSI Chip recomendations

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by IMC, Jan 11, 2019.

1. IMC

IMC Full Member

HI All,

Haven't posted in a while, but long story short - I decided to get a chip for the Leon.

Was wondering what would you recommend, currently looking at ether RaceChip GTS or DTUK.

Any comments, recommendations and general advice is welcome.

MY16 180TSI

2. Nathan bailey

Nathan bailey Member

Tdi tuning or maybe jb1/4 not sure if you can put the jb on 180 though

3. IMC

IMC Full Member

Also looked at Revo - roughly the same price and ABT - can't seem to find prices.

Should I also look to do a DSG flash, guess it would be good as it is the 7-speed (DQ200).

Any comments and advice is welcome, car is still under warranty so don't want to overdo it :)

4. ajg74

ajg74 Full Member

I personally wouldn't remap a 1.8tsi with a DSG gearbox as the engine pits out the max torque that the DQ200 can handle, the issue is the dry clutches in it.

5. IMC

IMC Full Member

This is the reason I haven't done that yet, I was looking around for options and now TVS Engineering claim they have a software flash for the DSG that should "solve" the problem. Not sure if it will work though. However here is what they claim.

DTUK also have one available.

#5 IMC, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  6. SSIbiza

SSIbiza New Member

Hello there.
    I am from the Netherlands and brought my Seat Ibiza 1.8 TSI to TVS Engineering.
    I chose stage 1 ECU and stage 1 DSG software.
    Car is much smoother shifting, no more problems like the wrong gear when entering a curve or a roundabout, no more delay and lag, no more under revving, Sports mode has been optimized to my wishes and no more vibrations when accelerating.
    Just like it has to be from factory.
    I think there is a personal flasher so you can do it yourself.. should check their facebook or website

IMC likes this.