1.8 TSI resonator delete-advice please

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
Hi everyone,

I have a Leon 1.8 TSI and would like to hear opinions from owners of other 1.8 TSIs who have had the resonator in the middle taken out.

Was it worth it? Does your car drone on the motorway? Does it sound a lot louder (not necessarily a good thing!)

Thanks,

James

koek moek

Apr 8, 2019
  • Was it worth it?
Yes. You can produce DSG farts up to 4th gear :)

• Does your car drone on the motorway?
No

• Does it sound a lot louder (not necessarily a good thing!)
Relatively speaking, no. It now has the sound a stock 1.8tsi has been missing however it's not as if you're forcing everyone to hear you're around.

Reactions: Manesh gurung

Manesh gurung

Jan 16, 2020
im considering this as well.
any1 know any good place around southeast london?
got quote for £120 from longlife

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
  • Was it worth it?
Yes. You can produce DSG farts up to 4th gear :)

• Does your car drone on the motorway?
No

• Does it sound a lot louder (not necessarily a good thing!)
Relatively speaking, no. It now has the sound a stock 1.8tsi has been missing however it's not as if you're forcing everyone to hear you're around.

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I have a manual so no dsg farts for me but good to hear there’s no droning on the motorway.

Nov 13, 2019
Got this recently on mine, well worth it.

As mentioned above, it gives the car the noise it needed from stock, without being over the top.

Zaustworx res delete on ebay was £69.99 still on there https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...silencer-delete-pipe-deres-pipe-/323437971542 , went to Midland VW who got it sorted for £60 in around an hour. Top service, nice lads. Been sounding great ever since, make sure to keep your original though if i was you just incase :)

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I don't know if the 1.8 has it but my 1.4 has 2 backboxes. I've just had a central res delete and I'm not getting DSG farts all that often because of it so if you have 2 backboxes get the centre res and smaller back box taken out at the same time if it's something you're bothered about