1.8T Cupra Undertray

P2ULW

Nov 7, 2009
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Hi, I've an 05 1.8T Cupra and there's no undertray. I've been trying to identify which one I need by examining https://seat.7zap.com/en/e/ibiza+st/ib/2005-254/8/825-825010/#1 but I can't work out which one I need. There seems to be two designs, one that covers the whole engine and another which is smaller and has a large hole towards the rear. Anyone able to help and indicate which one I need? Many thanks!

Larger style

s-l225.jpg

Smaller style
s-l225.jpg

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would think that you should select the front under engine cover that is listed for your engine code, that will be written on the engine somewhere, maybe on the timing cover, then if there is a trans cover also listed against your engine code and/or trans code, buy that as well.

If you can't work out which engine code and trans code your car has, give your VIN to your local SEAT dealer parts place and ask them to tell you.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Basic cars tend to get the smaller version, like 1.4 16V petrol engines, I'd think that all TDI and higher powered engines like the 1.8T would get a version of the full undercover to control air flow and reduce engine noise.

Edit:- try looking under 2006 instead of 2005 and you will find that 6Q0 825 235 E was the last number for that part, as it has been listed as cancelled and no new part listed, maybe search under that number and/or check for any of the listed aftermarket variants listed against that part in that listing.

Another Edit:- all very confusing, more than half the hits/pictures that searching under that number show the short basic cover and the rest the fuller cover!

I think that you need an answer from someone that has had one of these cars from new!

Final Edit:- can you look under your car to see if there are any fixing points there for the fuller cover, from the pictures that you have put in your modified OP you can see where the extra fixing points should be located roughly on your car.

Last edited:

Craigmbp

Dec 3, 2018
Did u manage to sort this? I can have a look under my car (2006 1.8 20vt FR) if not.

P2ULW

Nov 7, 2009
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
@RUM4MO thanks for all the research, I look under the car and there appear to be fixing points for the larger cover, so I'm almost certain that's the one.

@Craigmbp Thanks for the offer, I think it's the larger style, please don't jack up the car but if you can see it without going to much effort than any confirmation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.