1.8T JBS Twinscroll - What do you know?

hark

A car I'm interested in has come up with this kit fitted. Quoted 388bhp, uprated clutch, engine mount and rods.

Wondered what people could tell me about it. I think I can afford the car, but my concern is long term costs and reliability.

Worried 6 months down the line something will go hideously will go wrong and I'll be left with massive bill and a car off the road. Appreciate any feedback as this would be a step in to the unknown for me.

Current car (Audi TT 225) is running standard 04 with full turbo back, fmic etc so lots of torque, but this would obviously be a step up.

Car would also currently be a daily driver.

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
A car I'm interested in has come up with this kit fitted. Quoted 388bhp, uprated clutch, engine mount and rods.

Wondered what people could tell me about it. I think I can afford the car, but my concern is long term costs and reliability.

Worried 6 months down the line something will go hideously will go wrong and I'll be left with massive bill and a car off the road. Appreciate any feedback as this would be a step in to the unknown for me.

Current car (Audi TT 225) is running standard 04 with full turbo back, fmic etc so lots of torque, but this would obviously be a step up.

Car would also currently be a daily driver.

If your running a high spec car everyday, there's always more chance that something would go wrong. Just nipping to the shops won't let the car warm up enough. That uprated clutch would be a nightmare in traffic too...
Think about practicality before horsepower... at the end of the day there are speed limits, and only certain places you can use its full potential..

hark

Yer as above. Elrao's car not Clive's.

Any feedback is helpful.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
just be aware it will be slightly more high maintenance than your car and if you don't drive it like you stole everywhere you go then you should be fine.a sports clutch will take about 5 mins to get used to so don't worry about that. Standard TT's can have many issues as well remember.

hark

I know it'll be higher maintenance that does bother me tbh. The odd hundred quid here and there is fine for maintenance, I'm just off both stories of engine rebuilds etc which will cost thousands and have the car off the road for weeks.

Is this just par for the course or are their cars out there that run ok with their 6 monthly self implossion?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.