1.9 Altea remap

newbuyer17

Most stuff I've seen regarding remapping is for the 2.0 diesels and people really wanting to squeeze every ounce of performance.

I've a 1.9tdi so not interested in outright performance, otherwise I'd have gone for a 2.0 in the first place, but might be interested in a remap if it could get me up to ~130hp for a reasonable amount, especially if combined with a bit more torque.

Has anyone any suggestions of anything around the £200 mark, or is there nothing that cheap? I also would be interested in a trial to see what it is like. Does anyone other than revo (who appear too performance and hence price orientated) do trials so I could see what I'd be getting?

altea phil

Jan 25, 2009
West Yorks.
Considered it myself, as I am in a similar position, but having looked around £375 seems to be the going rate, unless anyone knows different ???

newbuyer17

I did find some down to about £225 after a bit of googling, but to be honest even though that seems a bargain to some its still the top end of what I'd like to pay, and I would like to be able to try first.

most remaps will give you good torque. I would recommend a remap and not a tuning box however.

there are a number of vendors here on the forums that do it, however there are also other sites that do a DIY remap like Bluefin or ST3 devices that allow you to put it back to standard if you are getting warranty work carried out etc.

deanomite

Dec 21, 2008
Hull
Ive had a tunit box on lots of 1.9 tdis and found it great. Got it for £200 off ebay and its still worth the same. I would recommend this for you as it has 9 settings to suit your requirements. Ive also got a remap on my 1.9 ibiza at the mo and it is better but a lot more expensive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members