1.9 or 2.0 TDI ?

mart4875

Are all these common trates on the 2.0 140? Turbo and reverse at such low mileage?

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
My local dealer is a small rural dealership with only three mechanics - so doesnt get a huge amount of vehicles through the workshop, however they have had a Leon 170tdi with a gearbox problem like mine - actually much worse than mine. As for the turbos, generally they're okay but the 170 is the best (roller bearing), then the 140, then the 105 (very small). Remember these are the same as all the other VAG tdi cars. Generally nothing to worry about.

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
Had a look at a 2.0TDI sport on sunday it drove really well,didnt seem much different to the Leon fr although it had done 82k miles and so was nice and loose whereas the Leon with less than 20k has always felt rather "tight" on the other hand maybe the Altea had been remapped! either way the car was a bit tatty with plenty of scars eg scuffed bumpers and dints etc also it was for sale by a trader and id prefer to buy from a private seller almost as a matter of principle although would probably make an exception for the right car.

This one was not the right car and i guess i shall have to keep on looking.

Last edited:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Had a look at a 2.0TDI sport on sunday it drove really well,didnt seem much different to the Leon fr although it had done 82k miles and so was nice and loose whereas the Leon with less than 20k has always felt rather "tight" on the other hand maybe the Altea had been remapped! either way the car was a bit tatty with plenty of scars eg scuffed bumpers and dints etc also it was for sale by a trader and id prefer to buy from a private seller almost as a matter of principle although would probably make an exception for the right car.

This one was not the right car and i guess i shall have to keep on looking.

There should be a good few around now! good luck with the hunt! :)

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
Ive found a couple of more cars to look at, one has 17inch alloys although i seem to recall reading that they have an adverse effect on fuel economy has anybody got any direct experience of the difference in economy. What i am really interested in is somebody who has gone from 16s to 17s or vice versa.

As ever thanks for any info offered.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Ive found a couple of more cars to look at, one has 17inch alloys although i seem to recall reading that they have an adverse effect on fuel economy has anybody got any direct experience of the difference in economy. What i am really interested in is somebody who has gone from 16s to 17s or vice versa.

As ever thanks for any info offered.

I run 17's when i did the 52mpg run. and i run 18's in the summer,and haven't noticed any difference!:)

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
Well my father in law has done a deal to buy an Altea XL 1.9 TDI, an ex demo from the local main dealer, and in turn has offered me his mk2 Toledo 1.9 TDI 110bhp SE at an extremely good price!

Given that the exercise is to reduce my daily motoring costs to a minimum i have decided to take him up on his offer,its on a 51 plate he is the only owner from new and it has been well serviced and looked after.Its not exactly what i was after and hopefully after the end of the current financial climate i will change it for an Altea sport.

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Well my father in law has done a deal to buy an Altea XL 1.9 TDI, an ex demo from the local main dealer, and in turn has offered me his mk2 Toledo 1.9 TDI 110bhp SE at an extremely good price!

Given that the exercise is to reduce my daily motoring costs to a minimum i have decided to take him up on his offer,its on a 51 plate he is the only owner from new and it has been well serviced and looked after.Its not exactly what i was after and hopefully after the end of the current financial climate i will change it for an Altea sport.

Had a Toledo TDI SE in 2000, V reg, my 1st company car. I can honestly say it was the best car I have ever had! The abuse it had over three years/100k miles was shocking! Yet ten years and another 120k miles on its still going strong. Fantastic car & much better built & quality then the newer generation of Seats.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea

Nice car! good choice :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise