1.9 TDi (100 PS) Sport

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I'm looking into trading my Petrol FR for a 1.9TDi Sport, mainly in order to save money - cheaper car and better economy!

So who's got one and what they like? I've done some searching but haven't found much. Also wondering what they remap to?

Cheers.

T. Spark

Out of interest, why the 100PS model!? Lots more PD130's about, lots more info on remaps and basically would then be the same spec as your car, but tractorized.

Just to open your options a little more maybe?

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Basically because Sir Arnold's doing a good deal on delivery mileage pre reg's

http://www.arnoldclark.co.uk/SpecialOffers/default.aspx?Make=Seat

I've a good mate who works for Arnolds and I can get a good deal - the 130's I could get for the money would be older, higher mileage with less or no warranty.

Went to the local Seat dealer tonight to have a look at one - bit more poverty spec than the FR but still better than all the other competition in my mind. Couldn't get a test drive though so still looking on opinions as to the engine and performance - More torque than the Petrol FR!

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
I'd try to pick up a second hand FR tdi personally. I test drove the 100bhp sport before i bought my Fr and i didn't enjoy it - it felt a bit dull. If you do go for one i think you'd be able to expect an additional 30bhp and 50Nm from a remap but i reckon it's worth buying the more powerful car in thefirst place. The sports suspension felt soft too (and it doesn't look as good).

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
BJM said:
Couldn't get a test drive though so still looking on opinions as to the engine and performance - More torque than the Petrol FR!

I think you will need to drive them both before you make your mind up ;)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
oi_nutter2000 said:
I'd try to pick up a second hand FR tdi personally. I test drove the 100bhp sport before i bought my Fr and i didn't enjoy it - it felt a bit dull. If you do go for one i think you'd be able to expect an additional 30bhp and 50Nm from a remap but i reckon it's worth buying the more powerful car in thefirst place. The sports suspension felt soft too (and it doesn't look as good).

Cheers for the reply. The reason I'm looking at it is I want to save some money. Cheaper car, Lower Insurance/running costs etc. The FR is eating through petrol at the moment and to be fair I don't really need a car that gives this kind of performance. Going to be doing a lot of driving next year and the diesel will really benefit me.

I've just had another thought though - Keep the FR till January when it'll be 2 years old then trade it for a new model TDi Sport with Lux pack 1 - bit better spec and better looking. Should hopefully have a bit more equity in the FR by then so saving money even though the car is a bit more expensive. That would mean waiting though - Patience ain't my strong point! Don't think I'll be buying a TDi FR - don't really need this kind of power.

Anyone got pics of the new model sport with "Single chrome sport tailpipe"!

Oh what to do!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise