1.9 TDI (105bhp) performance tuning

GW

Has anyone got any personal recomendations for a simple 20-25% power increase to my Altea. I am looking for quality, easily removeable kit, that has no downside (except for extra thirst when driven very hard) and can be sold on, when i've finished with it in a couple of years.
There are so many advertised it's difficult to no which is best and what the Pros & Cons are.
I love my car, but after 27K i've got a little bored and would like a bit more oomph.
Many Thanks

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
I think your best bet would be to go for a tuning box. I've recently bought myself a digital model for the 140 TDI and its transformed the way it drives. The throttle response is loads better and mid range torque is superb. I think Loadswine will testify to that. Mrhoot.com recons that it will give you a 20-25% increase in bhp + torque, I wouldn't disagree. Have a look on ebay you can get them for around £150 to £200 beats paying £300 from mrhoot but its still worth the smiles per mile.

Rich

loadswine

loadswine
Richie D said:
I think your best bet would be to go for a tuning box. I've recently bought myself a digital model for the 140 TDI and its transformed the way it drives. The throttle response is loads better and mid range torque is superb. I think Loadswine will testify to that. Mrhoot.com recons that it will give you a 20-25% increase in bhp + torque, I wouldn't disagree. Have a look on ebay you can get them for around £150 to £200 beats paying £300 from mrhoot but its still worth the smiles per mile.

Rich
So you got it then Richie, and fitted it okay obviously. Get it for a god price? Bet you did. Enjoy it man!
GW , I've sent you a PM, hope it helps.:D