1.9 tdi pd150 engine cut out

davelin83

Apr 10, 2018
I was driving yesterday and were slowing down for a corner when my engine cut out. Stopped the car and tried to restart but nothing. No warning lights came on the dash. After someone helped me push it somewhere safe I tried to start it again and it did start but it took a while and I had to push the peddle down.

I do have one problem when it's really cold outside I get a beep with flashing light on my temp gauge. For this I am 99% it's temp sensor.

Does anyone have any ideas

davelin83

Apr 10, 2018
First stop would be to see if any codes have been logged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The garage just collected my car and called saying still doing the same.

They have a problem trying to read my car. Maybe I will go down with my AliExpress cable and help them

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I had something like that and it was the fuel
Pump relay
See if your getting fuel when trying to start the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davelin83

Apr 10, 2018
So today I got my car back.
Problem was fuel pump. They replaced the part and also did some other work. I have another thread about no power and strange boost. someone showed me that I had a problem with the pancake intercooler pipe turned out to be the red hose so new one done.

In total new pump new hose plus welding done to the exhaust as it was really bad. plus they collected my car and pulled it too the garage. total price 145 euro all in.

I'm very happy only complain car is dirty as hell. Washed the outside but inside will be hard as its snowing a lot now maybe I will take it and have someone else do it for me lol. many thanks for the help guys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.