'10 Cupra annoyances

bjornatron

Jun 23, 2015
Bridgwater, Somerset
Hey all - I have a couple of 'annoyances' that I'd like to try and diagnose with my TFSI Cupra, just not sure what they might be. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Throttle
When lifting off throttle, the throttle seems to 'stick' in that it takes time to for revs to drop!? It does seems to get worse when warm/in warm weather. Makes for erratic/jerky driving at low speeds - any insight into what this could be?

Clunk
When the car has been stood overnight and I say, reverse of the drive and come to a stop, I hear an audible clunk/deep click sound. Does the same daily without fail, thinking something bush related/engine mount?

Clutch feel/vibration at biting point
Now I had the Clutch, DMF and release bearing replaced 3 months ago because of this issue which hasn't gone away (new clutch/flywheel is SACHS). All I can say is that when engaging the clutch at low speed/gear and bringing up to biting point, it feels like a vibration/in line with the engine rotation - and is audible in the engine tone when pulling away for example. It's weird as I had a 06 Octavia vRS TFSI previously with the exact same clutch engagement 'feel', but didn't have it long enough to sort.

Any insight to any of these will help me massively. She passed her MOT with flying colours today, so with just these niggles to sort I will be sorted

Thanks all

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Hey all - I have a couple of 'annoyances' that I'd like to try and diagnose with my TFSI Cupra, just not sure what they might be. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Throttle
When lifting off throttle, the throttle seems to 'stick' in that it takes time to for revs to drop!? It does seems to get worse when warm/in warm weather. Makes for erratic/jerky driving at low speeds - any insight into what this could be?

Clunk
When the car has been stood overnight and I say, reverse of the drive and come to a stop, I hear an audible clunk/deep click sound. Does the same daily without fail, thinking something bush related/engine mount?

Clutch feel/vibration at biting point
Now I had the Clutch, DMF and release bearing replaced 3 months ago because of this issue which hasn't gone away (new clutch/flywheel is SACHS). All I can say is that when engaging the clutch at low speed/gear and bringing up to biting point, it feels like a vibration/in line with the engine rotation - and is audible in the engine tone when pulling away for example. It's weird as I had a 06 Octavia vRS TFSI previously with the exact same clutch engagement 'feel', but didn't have it long enough to sort.

Any insight to any of these will help me massively. She passed her MOT with flying colours today, so with just these niggles to sort I will be sorted

Thanks all
check your dogbone/gearbox lower bush could be cause of clutch and clunk....try fitting lower mount and engine mount poly bushes...will firm up any movement ….another point if replacing clutch use luk not sachs..and ALWAYS replace hydraulic slave at gearbox....sachs have been known to be unreliable...luk all day...as fitted standard I,ve been told...

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
check your dogbone/gearbox lower bush could be cause of clutch and clunk....try fitting lower mount and engine mount poly bushes...will firm up any movement ….another point if replacing clutch use luk not sachs..and ALWAYS replace hydraulic slave at gearbox....sachs have been known to be unreliable...luk all day...as fitted standard I,ve been told...
did you have the hydraulic valve replaced on change of clutch...as you didn,t list on parts changed...if not this could be your problem....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.