1000KM done, so whats next ( and some observation)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
very valid point, my consumption increased from 7.5 L/100 KM to 8.9. :think:

The only problem RON 95 is triple the price of RON 92, but frankly i am not willing to screw my engine for whatever reason, i am going back to RON 95.

but on a technical side note, shouldn't the sensor adjust the timing so this knocking sound or pinking or detonation don't happen?! its really not happening unless i am on D and kicking down or going uphill.

You don't say where you are? , if your county has 92 ron as standard, and judging by the price hike for 95 ron im gussing it does, then your car should run on it unless its an import?

Lots of countries have lower than 95,even the Americans (although some countries measure it differently)

Anyway your knock sensor should as you say retard the timing etc to stop the knocking, yours may not as they may not have mapped your car for a market with fuel that low and the car may not be able to retard the timing enough to compensate for the 92 fuel, because it was never destined for that market when the build sheet was filled out

It should be easy enough to find a solution and at a third the price for 92 ron it sound like its well worth it

But as others said, don't drive it on 92 till you have it running on it without knocking

Last edited:

joe146710

I'm facing the same problem with the 92 Ron and it is so expensive to keep running the car with 95 Ron fuel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
yeah i am trying S more often lately, and i feeling comfortable driving with it. and Manual really isn't that good to me, as shifting doesn't go as fast as used to with D or S, so you feel something aint right...

Well...I actually feel faster shifts while in manual mode. I took the Leon to a track day and tried both, sport and manual. I went 1 second faster on each lap using the manual mode. The thing with sport or drive mode is that the car won't hold the revs, it will up shift if it stays above 4500 rpm instead of holding them. This cause that if you enter a corner at 5k rpm, you'll wanna stay there to exit the corner lets say at 3.8k rpm on the same gear...in sport, the car will up shift and you will enter the corner at 4k and exit at 2k rpm...then when you press the gas pedal all the way, the car will downshift and you will loose precious fractions of a second...every single corner. Also, the car shifts at 6.3k or so and to avoid over-revving the car, it cuts fuel, shifts and then add fuel again, this makes it slower . If you manually shift between 5.7 and 5.9k rpm, it does not cut fuel and you can even hear the famous "DSG fart" sound on each up shift.

Shift gear at 5.7 or 5.9k rpm and the dsg will shift very very fast. Try it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.