101 ron BP milton keynes

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
hey,
my friend just told me this morning about a petrol station in milton that sells 101 ron petrol at £2.50 a litre.

apparantly his mate put £20 in his and he had a remapped focus ST and his opinions on it were that it 'absolutely flys' now...

i really dont know what (if any) damage this can do to the engine, im sure if you put a tank in every once in a while it wouldnt do no harm (except for your wallet lol)...
every single week and im sure the engine will pack up.... as we have the learning ECU maybe it will need a few tanks to get the real best from it?

just interested in anyones views, experiences or knowledge on this subject...:)

Mat

does it also give better economy.

i was trying normal 95 ron for a couple of weeks, gone back to 99 and a swear it runs more efficient. lasted at least an extra day to work and back, and been on boost more

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
thanks peeps,
yeh i realise it has been there a while, but i was just wondering about problems with the engine i.e will the fuel cause the engine to boost more which may in turn cause overboosting or m i worrying over nothing?

was going to put a tank in every 2 months or so to clear all the cobwebbs (so to speak!!)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
its normally on one end. its a totally different pump.

you need to go in first and optain a password (normally '102') then when you pick up the nozzle an alarm will sound then you type in your password. then you can fill up. bit of a mission

personally i really wouldnt bother tho mate

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
This Fuel is called BP Ultimate 102, it is blended and produced at the Coryton Refinery and only delivered to Key sites around the country, which BP deam to be high profile sites or areas. The site in newport pagnell was the first site to start retailing this fuel i believe, then it was distributed elsehwhere after the test period. Its been around for a couple of years now, and i thought it would never last when BP started selling it, show how wrong we at BP Coryton were, hahaha. There must be some rich people out there to afford 2.50ltr.
Oh yeah, and BP have now started doing biofuel, so watch out for that aswell.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Im guna have to have a look for this as i live in newport and hadn't a clue! I've fed the car on Vpower since owning it for the last few months. How long does it take for the ECU to 'learn' or adapt if you were to change petrol types/makes?