110 tdi problem

Glen Mk3 TDI

hi folks, in a spot of bother.

iv got a 51 plate mk3 ibiza 110 tdi sport. just turned 100,035 miles
when you first start the car (but warmed up!!) she wont rev over 3000/3500 rpm (takes a will to get there) unless you hold her flat then after a few seconds it'l clear and rev up to 5500 rpm.
once its cleared she'l rev fine. its also very slugish when driving as if its not boosting fully.
iv checked all the vacum pipes and have taken the pipe of the egr valve, all is clear not sooted up at all. the actuater flap moves freely.

can any one shed some light onto my problem??

many thanks glen.

Glen Mk3 TDI

ye about 8000 miles ago. got the filters on order so i can service it for the 100,000miles service. i service every 10,000 miles .

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Hi there, ive got the same car as you and have taken loads of things apart on it :) Not had a problem like this but do you have access to vagcom? Is realy worth running a fault code check to see if anything comes up!

Any lights on the dash?

Oh and is it constantly running with no power or only when it wont rev?

If its constantly low on power could be a boost leak or dodgy valve somewhere!>?

Glen Mk3 TDI

ye its constantly low on power. even tho my missis said its sometimes on then off. but it was consistant when i drove it. i think my mate has got vag com. there are no lights on the dash.

i have blanked the egr valve, de-cat and mufflerectomy. none of this would effect it i think?? as all this was done about year ago.

cheers.

diggerman1

Mar 30, 2010
not an expert but sounds like a turbo fault see my posts mate could be vanes momentarely sticking causing limp mode

Glen Mk3 TDI

is it a variable vane turbo, wasnt sure. you can move the turbo actuator its not stuck or seized.

really need to get on top of it as iv got a long journey on saturday......

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
If its constantly low on power i would guess you may have a simple boost or vacuum leak, you realy do need to check vagcom if poss, even if theres no warning light on the dash it would store a fault when going into limp mode, if you dont have any way of a vagcom scan you can visualy check all vac lines, and turbo pipes to make sure there are no leaks (a fair bit of oil on a joint could indicate a boost leak!~)

The N75 could cause some problems ... if you look to the bulkhead you will see 2 black valves connected to the vac system, one is for the EGR (N18) the other boost control (N75), you could swap the 2 over and see if it makes a difference, if N75 is faulty it would run better on the N18?

Just thought that no one has mentioned MAF yet! These are notorious for causing all sorts of mayhem, before you do anything else disconnect the MAF and then go for a drive, the maf is the sensor in the pipe that exits the left side of the airbox (just in case you didnt know!!)
If the MAF is at fault the car will drive better, much better with it disconnected but not properly if that makes sense, if the car is the same with the MAF connected and disconnected then its pretty certain its failing!

Oh and the mods you have will not cause these issues, i have the same mods (and many more!!!) and never been a problem!!

Hope you get it sorted soon!!!

Glen Mk3 TDI

rite then just had the car on the pit, give it a oil and filter and fuel filter change no difference, so check for boost leaks none found. so took the maf cable off. took it up the road, revved up strieght away and boosted fine.

so wat is the problem? maf?

i didnt think it would be that coz iv changed that only a couple of months ago....

any advice boys?

cheers for your input so far.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise