110 TOLEDO hissing coming from engine.

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
I recently had my car remapped. it was pulling very well but now it does not seem to pull nearly as well and under the bonnet as i look at it, coming from the front left of the engine i can hear a hissing noise. engine cover is still on it but can anyone think if there would be a hose loose under there that would cause a loss of power?? cheers for your help guys.

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
Was thinking that myself. just cant see anything but can deffo hear it. its coming from the front left of the engine as you look at it? are there any vacuum hoses there that may cause this?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
That will be a leak in the pressure side of the inlet system. Front right (=offside of the car) is where the intercooler is on the 110 engine. Pressurised air comes out of the turbo though a hose to a flat manifold at the bottom of the engine, then to the bottom of the intercooler, which is mounted between the bumper and the offside front wheel. From the top of the intercooler it comes back along the side of the engine, by the timing belt case, in a squareish plastic pipe, then through the EGR system to the inlet manifold.

Most likely place for a leak is the intercooler connection hoses.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.