110TDI with GT1756 hybrid

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Just thought I would share this with you: I have now installed the CR turbo's hybrid together with a THS Performance 2.5" decat down pipe.
No remap yet as I need to fit the large FMIC and different pipework, but the sound of the turbo spolling up is awesome :D
Going through the revs now feels like there is a lot to be had from this turbo!

Few pics as well....

PIC_0704.jpg

Old and new down pipes.

PIC_0707.jpg

New turbo manifold. You can see the EGR block-off plate.

PIC_0708.jpg

Down pipe.

PIC_0709.jpg

brad1

Yep sure am;)

I think the .216 nozzles and modified fuel tank feed will give enough juice for 190ish bhp, but we will see.

I heard the, well have also read up that the standard injection pump can only flow enough for around 180bhp ish? What mod have you done to the fuel tank?

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I heard the, well have also read up that the standard injection pump can only flow enough for around 180bhp ish? What mod have you done to the fuel tank?

There is a known mod on tdiclub, where the one-way valve in the feed pipe in the tank can be 'drilled' out. This gets rid of the restriction that the injection pump has to overcome and allows a freer flow of fuel to the pump. When I did this I could rev the engine past 4000rpm much more easily; hence there much be less of a restriction.
The valve is there I understand to stop the fuel draining back to the tank when the fuel filter is replaced.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
There is a known mod on tdiclub, where the one-way valve in the feed pipe in the tank can be 'drilled' out. This gets rid of the restriction that the injection pump has to overcome and allows a freer flow of fuel to the pump. When I did this I could rev the engine past 4000rpm much more easily; hence there much be less of a restriction.
The valve is there I understand to stop the fuel draining back to the tank when the fuel filter is replaced.
Best be getting rid of that valve then!
Hehe.
Glynn

im570rm

i dont think there is enough ,well i guess it depends on what would you gonna do with your car...i thought about a racing oil cooler from ebay...which costs around 200 eur.

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Ah yes, but going on experimentation by tdiclub members in the US, they have had good results of keeping the oil temp below 100°C, and thats on a race track......

im570rm

with passat oil cooler?Probably they're right...i heard that the guyz from Alaska have good results with the passat oil cooler on the race track.LOL
Seriously i don't think so..that cooler was made for a 131 hp car not for 200 hp car.I have an afm oil cooler and the oil temp is always 80 C doesn't matter how i drive...

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Best be getting rid of that valve then!
Hehe.
Glynn

No need on your car, I take it you have the the PD engine? You have a completely different setup to the 110 engines.
There is a fuel pump mounted in your fuel tank, unlike the 110 non-PD diesels.

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Bit of an update on the oil temperature. I did a track day on Saturday and the oil temp was @ 105degC bit too hot! So I will be fitting the better oilcooler sooner rather than later!

I will be fitting the FMIC in a few weeks so that should be interesting, together with the custom pipe work and PD intake manifold off a Passat.

brad1

Please put up pics etc and how you fitted the new cooler when youve done it. I need to do this to mine too :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members