16795 VAG-COM Fault Code

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I take it its the small hose we are on about, probably between 5 & 7mm in diameter attached to the back? Well i've had a look and the outer material is frayed and its bent at right angles. So i guess its this that could be causing the problem?

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
thats it, replace it with silicone and it will be sorted

Great, just need to nip out in my lunch break tomorrow and get some then.

Incidently i've just checked my car on VAG-COM expecting to see the code come up but i'm getting:

17584 P1176 O2 Correction Behind Catalyst,B1 Limit Attained

Instead. Is this related to it?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Guys I have been having a few problems lately.

A while back my engine management light came on and with the help of VAg-COM i had the follwoing fault code

17536 P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean.

I had cleared the code for the time being and so far it hasn't reared its ugly head again.

Then quite recently i have had this code flag up.

16795 P0411 Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected

I have been getting help you guys in the Mk3 section (mainly HoocH) on this part and think i have come across the problem causing this.

Then when i did a final check last night on my car to clear what i thought was the 16795 fault code, it actually came back with:

Any idea if all this is all related and what i could do to try and fix this. Bit of a novice on engines but eager to understand whats going on.

Or should i just take it to somewhere like Jabba (15 miles up the road from me) and get them to fix the problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Guys I have been having a few problems lately.

A while back my engine management light came on and with the help of VAg-COM i had the follwoing fault code

17536 P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean.

I had cleared the code for the time being and so far it hasn't reared its ugly head again.

Then quite recently i have had this code flag up.

16795 P0411 Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected

I have been getting help you guys in the Mk3 section (mainly HoocH) on this part and think i have come across the problem causing this.

Then when i did a final check last night on my car to clear what i thought was the 16795 fault code, it actually came back with:

Any idea if all this is all related and what i could do to try and fix this. Bit of a novice on engines but eager to understand whats going on.

Or should i just take it to somewhere like Jabba (15 miles up the road from me) and get them to fix the problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Ok just to update really, I've had a new MAF and during this week i've not had the 17536 or the 17584 fault code return and thought i would get away with the 16795 code too, however on closer inspection the vacuum pipe going to the secondary air valve is more than freyed, so i'm going to get some new hoses this week and replace it.

Secondary_Valve_001a.jpg

Apologies for the bad focus, its the best i could get in the pouring rain.

thats it, replace it with silicone and it will be sorted

h17och or anyone for that matter?

The silicon replacement, is it the 3mm internal diameter stuff?

uniseat

technical
Jul 13, 2005
Holland
www.mijnalbum.nl
Its stretched as it is, so i think i'll need to replace it.

I had the same problem also with some hoses, it was stretched. I removed the bad sections and attached them, just in case.
Some hoses will start leaking and giving fault codes.
The code Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected had that one last year.
The dealer couldnt find anything. So i did some searching myself and removed the bad sections. Havent had that problem anymore.

Bas

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I had the same problem also with some hoses, it was stretched. I removed the bad sections and attached them, just in case.
Some hoses will start leaking and giving fault codes.
The code Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected had that one last year.
The dealer couldnt find anything. So i did some searching myself and removed the bad sections. Havent had that problem anymore.

Bas

I want to "brighten" up my engine bay anyway with some coloured hoses so i might as well start now while i've got a problem

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
order some from Forge, or demon tweeks for example, it'll be there in a day or so. Dont bother trying to trim and refit, just refit the whole thing at the same time.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Just looking for the 3m lengths on Forge's website now.

EDIT: Not bad £25 ish for 3, 4 & 8mm hosing 3m lengths. Good value i think. On the smaller stuff, will cables ies be sufficient?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.