16v Gearbox question

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Hi Guys,

Just trying to get things sorted for when i put the ADL into my mk3#

Just wondering if my 1.4 AUD cable change box will fit the ADL?
Or will in shaft splines not match up?

It doesnt make a difference it just means i will need to change my linkage too, unless someone can point me in the direction of a good cable change box with good ratios

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Hi Guys,

Just trying to get things sorted for when i put the ADL into my mk3#

Just wondering if my 1.4 AUD cable change box will fit the ADL?
Or will in shaft splines not match up?

It doesnt make a difference it just means i will need to change my linkage too, unless someone can point me in the direction of a good cable change box with good ratios

The clutch is cable operated on this gearbox and will need uprating, Is the ADL engine the 1.8 16v engine? If it is this engine the splines ( I think) will fit but the gearbox mounting bolts will be in the wrong location (from memory)

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
The clutch is cable operated on this gearbox and will need uprating, Is the ADL engine the 1.8 16v engine? If it is this engine the splines ( I think) will fit but the gearbox mounting bolts will be in the wrong location (from memory)

Both boxes have a cable operated clutch, yeah thats the ADL, my main concern is the splines and as you say the mountings, but i guess i will find out when i pull it all out, just wondered if anyone had a definate answer.

Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.