17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)

Mar 5, 2007
Open circuit.

I've searched on here, and can't find any results for this error code. But a search on google reveals a couple of posts about it on an audi forum, where it came up on someones S3. Unfortunately the thread was pretty sparse on info.

Does the N249 control the DV or something? This error doesn't *seem* to be effecting the car negatively but I can't be sure. I've been convinced the car doesn't always feel as fast as it should. But then, It could just be me imagining things.

Does anyone know what I should be checking/how I should be checking things in relation to the n249?? Like hose leaks, and indeed if the unit is functioning at all, and what, if any effect this has on the behaviour of the car. As I have no idea :(

I don't have VADGE com, but a simple ODB reader, I cleared the code, and it came straight back after a drive.

THANKS!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Sounds like you need a new N249, or just bypass it like loads have already (search is your friend ;))

And yes it controls the dump valve, ie releases the pressure mid throttle :roflmao:

Mar 5, 2007
Thanks!

I did a search, and someone *wrote* a guide for doing it. But as I'm a retard under the bonnet, I'm really scared to do that without pics. :( Anyone know of another guide for this somewhere?

It's on an LCR btw.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.