17x8's for ibiza sprint car

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Hi

Last year I moved up from 15" wheels to 16" wheels on my sprint ibiza with some quite large soft compound Michelin rally tyres (240/610/16). These will only just go on the back of the car....fag paper close under the arch and on the inside of the wheel well. Wheel is a 8x16 ET35 Compo MO.

Now I know this wheel and tyre combo will just about fit on my car, it has opened a new avenue for trackday tyre candidates.

I used to run Michelin S9B clio cup slicks (190/570/15) and they were awesome after a couple of laps when they got some heat in them. There's not so many of them available these days and really, a bit bigger would be better. Last years new model clios ran on 200/620/17 slicks which are just too large diameter to go on the back of my ibiza. However....I learnt last week that this years clios have moved to a 200/610/17 (actually 222mm wide though), spot on for a trackday tyre for a Mk2 ibiza and will be cheap to buy as second hand race tyres from clio teams.

The clios run these on a nice speedline mag 8x17 wheel. So - what 8x17 should I get for my ibiza? Needs to be ET35, 4 stud, lightweight.

My first thought was a Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2....nice rim and not expensive.

24_product_1_big.jpg

Anyone have any other ideas?

Its probably going to cost the same to buy a set of wheels and second hand clio tyres as it is to but 4 new Toyo R888s for my existing wheels. :rolleyes:

Ave it

Rob

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Superleggeras or Ultraleggeras?

Id go for those pro races tho, always liked those wheels and at 7.6kgs each thats nice and light.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.