18 plate cupra wireless charging not working with galaxy s7 or s9?

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
First of all... the new beast has arrived... 4 drive 300.. and simply.. wow.. i have had a diesel vrs and a petrol one.. and a nissan 350 z and a 08 type r.. it really is a far superior car in all ways..the test drive did nothing for me.. owning it.. is something else.. so.much car...
However I have tried to search..but.. As the title says can anyone shed any light... 18 plate cupra wireless charging not working with galaxy s7 or s9? It doesnt register there is a phone there and I have tried removing the case etc. Any help welcomed.. thanks.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
First of all... the new beast has arrived... 4 drive 300.. and simply.. wow.. i have had a diesel vrs and a petrol one.. and a nissan 350 z and a 08 type r.. it really is a far superior car in all ways..the test drive did nothing for me.. owning it.. is something else.. so.much car...
However I have tried to search..but.. As the title says can anyone shed any light... 18 plate cupra wireless charging not working with galaxy s7 or s9? It doesnt register there is a phone there and I have tried removing the case etc. Any help welcomed.. thanks.
Have you switched it on in the phone ?

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
Hi.. normally if i put my phone on a qi charger it just works..for example mc donalds.. nothing needs to be done.. are you suggesting I need to change something my phone or in the car settings? Thanks

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi.. normally if i put my phone on a qi charger it just works..for example mc donalds.. nothing needs to be done.. are you suggesting I need to change something my phone or in the car settings? Thanks
Hi
When I got my car I did not know it had the wireless charging, I gave a lift to a mate and he said it has the charging and he did something on the phone and dropped it on the place under the radio and it popped up on the screen that it was charging, so he looked in my phone and mine did not have the same settings (mine is a cheaper phone) so mine does not charge but I know the system works.
So either yours does not have the charging or is not working !

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks for the tip.. what's annoying is my phone does wireless charge everywhere else but in the car.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Have you tried another phone (with wireless charging capability) in there to see whether it works or not?

I’d do that first - at least then you can narrow down whether the issue is with your phone or your car.

FWIW, I’ve got a Cupra 300 SC and the wireless charging works with my iPhone. I didn’t need to amend any settings on the phone itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise