184ps Leon FR delivery dates

AGF

Hi All,

Just had a test drive of the new Mk3 FR with the 150ps engine, very nice. It looks like the 184ps version that I want is now orderable from the factory for delivery in July, but prices are not available yet, but they must be imminent.

Also test drove the VW Golf GT as they did not have a new GTD and it felt exactly the same as the Leon, but I think the Leon had slightly lower suspension.

Has anyone found a VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda with the 184 lump to test drive yet?

Regards Alex

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
Not sure if you saw my comment on another post about the 184PS engine but Seat UK told me the other day...

"production of the new Leon 2.0 TDi FR 184PS will begin in quarter 4 of this year (October to December)."

The Golf GTD is now available to order but the dealer advised me it would be appox 3 month wait.

Until a demo GTD arrives at any of the dealers I suspect you won't get chance to drive anything with the new engine (unless you've the press lol).

AGF

I emailed Seat to ask when prices who be released and got the following reply:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Farkouh

Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the new generation Leon; I am delighted to hear of your interest in our Brand.

I am pleased to confirm that updated brochures and prices are due to be released week commencing 6th May. Please accept my apologies if this has caused any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

In order to keep up to date with the news and events for the new Leon, I would recommend registering for updates via our website. You can do this by clicking on the following link:

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/news-and-events/the-new-seat-leon.html.

I do hope this information proves useful to you; however if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me using the below details and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards

Joshua Harland
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

T 0500 222 222
E [email protected]

www.seat.co.uk

AGF

Contract hire

My current contract hire ends in November, so I am not in a hurry, as long as I get my order in before Seat get back from their summer holidays, I should be alright.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
I emailed Seat to ask when prices who be released and got the following reply:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Farkouh

Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the new generation Leon; I am delighted to hear of your interest in our Brand.

I am pleased to confirm that updated brochures and prices are due to be released week commencing 6th May. Please accept my apologies if this has caused any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you.

In order to keep up to date with the news and events for the new Leon, I would recommend registering for updates via our website. You can do this by clicking on the following link:

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/news-and-events/the-new-seat-leon.html.

I do hope this information proves useful to you; however if there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me using the below details and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards

Joshua Harland
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

T 0500 222 222
E [email protected]

www.seat.co.uk

The same person replied to my query, but I didn't ask about prices I was asking when it will be available. So maybe you can order in May but delivery won't be until October. Strange that they can't give us the hard facts.

AGF

The same person replied to my query, but I didn't ask about prices I was asking when it will be available. So maybe you can order in May but delivery won't be until October. Strange that they can't give us the hard facts.

My local dealer implied that they would be getting a demo in or around July, by the sounds of it, I assume that is why they are already orderable, even though prices have not been released, to allow dealers a head start for demo stock.

In any case it sounds like I will be able to get one for my November 2013 change over date.

Regards Alex
:D

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
After a visit to Milton Keynes Seat yesterday they told me the 184 won't appear until next year. Asked Seat on twitter and they seem to agree.

Urgh, really not sure what to do now. 150 with DSG... the 1.8 petrol... wait it out... hmmm

AGF

I spoke to my local dealer yesterday and they thought that I would definitely be able to get one for Q4 this year, they can't give me a contract hire price yet though.

Regards Alex

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I spoke to my local dealer yesterday and they thought that I would definitely be able to get one for Q4 this year, they can't give me a contract hire price yet though.

Regards Alex

I'll take that bet lol

Valenni

Well I can't wait any longer. Going to order the Golf GTD. I very sexy IMO.

Pity though, the Leon was my choice until I heard the GTD was coming in 4th of August. (Better spec for same monthly cost too)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Think I might just go with the 150. Looking at the brochure the 150 SC gets the multilink rear suspension (not available on the 5dr til 180bhp+)

I don't think there's anything else in the spec that only the 180+ engines got?

Bit annoyed about it, but don't think I want to wait until end of the year.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Think I might just go with the 150. Looking at the brochure the 150 SC gets the multilink rear suspension (not available on the 5dr til 180bhp+)

Ignore - I'm talking rubbish

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

Just the sound actuator but you won't miss that :)

Personally I would wait, but I can understand why some people dont' /can't.

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Hi Guys, Im in the same dilemma as most of you, do i wait for the 184TDi? Hitcahi have said i can wait as long as necessary or go for the 180 TSi or 150TDi for the 1st september! Confused.com!! Has anyone taken delivery of a 180TSi yet? Assume there is no delay on them? Im sure the 150 would be perfect but......

jamiep

I ordered the 1.8 tsi fr dsg at the end of January and due to delays in production, it was only built last week. It's due in mid June apparently. I'm guessing I may be one of the first to get this model given I ordered it so long ago so not sure when delivery would be if you ordered one today?! I'm guessing now production has started you won't have to wait as long as I have and I get the impression that cars will be produced without specific orders having been placed so dealers maybe able to source you one quite quick if you're flexible on options, colour etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.