1994 Toledo Gt

cmaz

Hi,

i have a friend who is looking to replace the ECU for his 1994 SEAT Toledo GT. It is a Siemens 037 906 022 FN. We are having problems because we are working together in the US right now (my residence) and he resides in Jamaica. SEAT parts don't seem to be available in either country.

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a replacement computer?

Also, the computer has VW, and Audi logos on it, would we be able to go to a US salvage yard and maybe find a replacement ECU in a VW or Audi here in the US?

And finally, if we do find a replacement, is it simply a matter of plugging the new ECU into the old car? Or is there some kind of "coding" or "mating" of the computer to the car that would need to be done?

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
if its a GT its probably got one of the 2 litre engines that were found in the mk3 golf of the same age. if its the 8v engine an ecu out of an 8v golf gti will be able to run it and if its a 16v (can tell as large pipes running over top of the engine) an ecu out of a 16v golf gti will run it. You may need to get the keys recoded to suit the new ECU.

The majority of toledo parts can be found on cars in the VW range

cmaz

if its a GT its probably got one of the 2 litre engines that were found in the mk3 golf of the same age. if its the 8v engine an ecu out of an 8v golf gti will be able to run it and if its a 16v (can tell as large pipes running over top of the engine) an ecu out of a 16v golf gti will run it. You may need to get the keys recoded to suit the new ECU.

The majority of toledo parts can be found on cars in the VW range

Thanks for the reply!

So, if we can get an ECU out of an old VT Golf here in the US, you think it will work in his SEAT? Assuming that in 1994, the ECU's were not coded to the key, do you think it will be simply a matter of "plug and play"?

Thanks again for your help.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
If both ECU's are not coded to the key then yes it will plug and play. Hoiwever if you get one from a golf that is coded to the key then you will need to disable this some how to get it to operate with the non coded key of the Toledo.

As long as the ECU comes from a golf (model year 1992-1998) with the same engine as the toledo it will be able to run the engine no problem.

The other car that has had the 2.0 litre engine is the Passat, but i dont know how common they are where you are.

cmaz

If both ECU's are not coded to the key then yes it will plug and play. Hoiwever if you get one from a golf that is coded to the key then you will need to disable this some how to get it to operate with the non coded key of the Toledo.

As long as the ECU comes from a golf (model year 1992-1998) with the same engine as the toledo it will be able to run the engine no problem.

The other car that has had the 2.0 litre engine is the Passat, but i dont know how common they are where you are.

Thanks so much. You've been really helpful. We can definitely find Golf's and Passat's here. In fact i've located a few ECU's in some internet salvage yards already. But if you could just answer one last question, i'd really appreciate it!

My friend's ECU (the one that he took out and is not working), has a model number of:

037 906 022 FN

Now, from what i can gather, the "FN" part is the software version the ECU runs on (is that correct)? Will an ECU that has, for instance, an "AH" code work? Will it be plug and play as you say? i've seen threads about flashing the EEPROM, will this have to be done?

Thanks loads, Cupra Kid, you've been the most helpful resource i've been able to find so far!