1st 100% Bio-Diesel at the pump, Shropshire

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Not sure how accurate the "1st" in the country is...

but apparently Bishops Castle is having 100% bio at the pump ...

Anyone going to try it? Jason? :shrug:

I think I may give it a go...

Last edited:

Shuntis

I find it funny who eventually I could be running my car on the oil of one of the plants I am most allergic to

Shuntis

I'd have thought anyone was allergic to rape :p

I stayed out in the country not too long ago with 2 massive fields of rapeseed next door on 2 sides... I have never suffered so much in my life...

What they say about rapeseed not causing allergic reactions is rubbish...

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I'd request more information to the pump man to understand if and how the stuff has been thinned,,, normal 100% veg oil is too thick for our injectors, both PD and non PD,,,

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
says it should be introduced gradually (5% of a tank first and so on). I would try it if i drove a £500 run around, but ill wait until its a bit more tried and tested with the PD engine i think.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Chemical Al said:
says it should be introduced gradually (5% of a tank first and so on). I would try it if i drove a £500 run around, but ill wait until its a bit more tried and tested with the PD engine i think.
basstard said:
I'd request more information to the pump man to understand if and how the stuff has been thinned,,, normal 100% veg oil is too thick for our injectors, both PD and non PD,,,

It's actually biodiesel... not just veg oil...

and as my motor is NON PD ... I should be fine! :funk:

although the 75mile round trip may kind of defeat the object :shrug:

I will try to find out how much it is ..... Im presuming it's only going to be a couple of pence shy of the real thing. :rolleyes:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Chemical Al said:
ill pop over there tonight if i get chance (if not, at some point over the next few days) - will be shut but may be able to get a price off the sign for you.
That's kool.... as long as it's no trouble.

Might give them a call.... Plus im going to scour their site about the "standard" of fuel. [B)]

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Seems like a two month process....

Converting to Biodiesel

When starting to use biodiesel in vehicles that have been running on mineral diesel, biodiesel should be introduced gradually as described above. Starting with a blend of approximately 5% biodiesel. Therefore, before filling up, you need to have a reasonable idea of the capacity of your fuel tank. Most vehicle handbooks will specify the size in litres. Then calculate 5% of the capacity e.g. if your tank holds 50 litres, 5% is 2.5 litres. Put in biodiesel up to 5 % of the capacity of the tank and then fill up with mineral diesel.

Depending on your type of vehicle (see list of biodiesel compatible vehicles) you can either continue using a 5% blend each time you re-fill or gradually increase the biodiesel blend ratio to your chosen level. If you decide to use a higher percentage of biodiesel, the rate at which you increase it is up to your judgement but, for example, it could be:- first tank 5%, second tank 10%, third tank 20%, fourth tank 40%, fifth tank 60%, sixth tank 80%, seventh and subsequent tanks 100%.

When you have reached your required level, you can switch freely between that level and 100% mineral diesel as required. You would only need to repeat the introduction process should you use mineral diesel consistently for a prolonged period.

:think:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise