Seat-Ibiza-86026.jpg

Seat-Ibiza-93792.jpg

Seat-Ibiza-75741.jpg

Thx for help

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Nice car and the trophies to show as well i like that a lot! What do you mean by street racing? do you mean racing down public roads fast and the furious style? or is it more sponsored events etc?

As for the 8v engine, best way to go is cams really as they will get more out of it, a manifold will also help the engine to breathe better and would finnish off your filter and exhaust system well.

Chipping the engine might also help which would see you upto ~140bhp. After all that you'd be looking at forced induction or nitrous to get much more out of it.

Lazy_lizard

Nice car and the trophies to show as well i like that a lot! What do you mean by street racing? do you mean racing down public roads fast and the furious style? or is it more sponsored events etc?
Tnx
yess, its sponsored events,we drive 402m. I dont want turbo or nitro because that I must goo to another class :( I will upgrade some chip but I need more kit
I must put down my time ih 16.000 sec If I want to bee a first thats ideal time for my class or if someone now how can I put down my time in 15.xxx sec without turbo or nitro?

I dont now verry well english and I hope so that you will be understand me :redface:

chears

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Hi and welcome. I've got an 8v. My best 1/4 mile (which is exactly what your 402m is) is 16.09 seconds. I reckon I could have possibly got a shade quicker with a bit more practice (that was the best of 3 runs). My mods are in my sig, but in summary:
Rechip
Panel filter
Cold air feed
Supersprint exhaust with no centre silencer
Oh, and having no interior!

I used my car for track days so rather than spend lots of money on cams etc. etc. I spent it on the handling and then making the car as light as possible. So you could look to do likewise. It wouldn't have to be this extreme, but the seats are very heavy:
Ibiza2.jpg

Your car seems to be about right for a standard 8v - somewhere around 16.6 or 16.7s which is what my car was doing before it went on its diet.

Lazy_lizard

Hi and welcome. I've got an 8v. My best 1/4 mile (which is exactly what your 402m is) is 16.09 seconds. I reckon I could have possibly got a shade quicker with a bit more practice (that was the best of 3 runs). My mods are in my sig, but in summary:
Rechip
Panel filter
Cold air feed
Supersprint exhaust with no centre silencer
Oh, and having no interior!

I used my car for track days so rather than spend lots of money on cams etc. etc. I spent it on the handling and then making the car as light as possible. So you could look to do likewise. It wouldn't have to be this extreme, but the seats are very heavy:
Ibiza2.jpg

Your car seems to be about right for a standard 8v - somewhere around 16.6 or 16.7s which is what my car was doing before it went on its diet.

You have a nice time on 402m :D

When I goo to race I dont have seats and mooore interrior( not like you:D)

What you exacly dooing more on your ibiza, tires you have on race....,
what you think what I can doo it on my engine more...

How more do you have with a Rechip and no centre silencer?

LK16v

Ibiza 2.0 GTi 16v
Feb 7, 2008
Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Your best bet is to follow the basic advice already suggested which costs nothing by removing unnecessary parts of the interior. Neon lights underneath also don't help. Removing the cat will also gain some more power top end of the rev range, and a standard air box with a decent filter will be more effective than the open filter soaking up all of the heat reducing your power.
The biggest power gains are ITB's (individual throttle bodies) with a fully mappable ecu, but this does seem a bit wasted on an 8v and would cost over 3 times the value of the car.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
You have a nice time on 402m :D

When I goo to race I dont have seats and mooore interrior( not like you:D)

What you exacly dooing more on your ibiza, tires you have on race....,
what you think what I can doo it on my engine more...

How more do you have with a Rechip and no centre silencer?

Thanks.

When I set my time, I had Yokohama A509 tyres 185/60 R14.

The rechip gave me approx 10 bhp and 10 lb/ft of torque. I had the exhaust done later and it gave me a little bit more torque. The Ibiza has a catalyst, a centre silencer and a back silencer. Supersprint used to make a straight through pipe to replace the centre silencer leaving you one with the back one. It makes the car a bit louder.

The rechip was from AmD here in the UK. It now costs £399.

Total stats for the car are 136bhp and 154lb/ft when RR'd back in 1998, I had it RR'd again last year at a different RR and I got 141bhp and 149lb/ft. Have you had your car on a rolling road? Do you know what it is putting out at the moment?

To get much more than this you need cams and as other say, perhaps throttle bodies - but in that case the 16v responds better to the throttle bodies.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
a race / highlift cam ?
a big valve head, i know you can get these for the mk2 Golf Gti's ... if not take your head off and send it away to be done.

Lazy_lizard

2nqboxs.jpg

Abought 2 years Ibiza stay in garage:cry: and this year go on road again :p

Now have diferent color and more many things...

6ifytu.jpg

35n7btf.jpg

I try to polish my wheels and result is...
rhjthf.jpg

but today more cars have polish or chrome weels an we do this

dr7es8.jpg

I find new screw..
xgfa8.jpg

and I made little part early:D
15yhdh2.jpg

front 3mm and rear 3,5mm

t6dkcp.jpg

before painting..

ezplw3.jpg

First day...