2.0 tdi 140 fuel filter

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Where's best to get one ?, i've done a bit of googling and struggled a bit, went to local car parts shop and he said £26, which to him sounded like the complete unit, i'm reasonably sure it's just an element change on mine, anyone able to help ?

sssstew

Editing your spelling
euro car parts. But they are complete units, seperate metal canisters whch you swap out, not juts the element like the older gen cars (my 306 only needed the element for example). changing the canister makes it a nice and clean and easy job.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
euro car parts. But they are complete units, seperate metal canisters whch you swap out, not juts the element like the older gen cars (my 306 only needed the element for example). changing the canister makes it a nice and clean and easy job.

thanks sssstew, i say that i think mine is a replacement element only as the top is removable, the dealer never replaced the top, also there's an image shown on the Mann website that just shows the innards http://www.mann-hummel.com/mf_prodkata_eur/index.html?ktlg_page=6&prdsl=8255&ktlg_lang=1&ktlg_01_mrksl=40&ktlg_01_mdrsl=32&ktlg_01_modsl=4&ktlg_01_fzkat=&ktlg_01_fzart=1&ktlg_subpage=2&gobackToPage=1, i'd prefer it to just change this if possible, what do you think ?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon

Just need to swap the filter on my car same as the 1.9PD`s. Unscrew the top and take out the old filter, replace with the new one making sure the rubber seals are replaced and properly fitted, screw back on the lid, prime a few times then start engine and check for any leaks. Any motor factors place should be able to sale you a fuel and oil filter just make sure you take your reg document with you so they can check its the right part if your not sure what your doing.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Just need to swap the filter on my car same as the 1.9PD`s. Unscrew the top and take out the old filter, replace with the new one making sure the rubber seals are replaced and properly fitted, screw back on the lid, prime a few times then start engine and check for any leaks. Any motor factors place should be able to sale you a fuel and oil filter just make sure you take your reg document with you so they can check its the right part if your not sure what your doing.

Cheers devonmikeyboy, that's confirmed that, it's just the price that i need to check further, thanks

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Check your local Skoda dealer too - same parts but usually lower price.
Are you in West Yorks? Try DM Keith.
I asked for some paets prices for DSG box - filter oil, seal etc and they were cheaper than SEAT dealer - especially the oil.

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Checked out the VWspares link, clicked on Seat Altea, none of their three digit codes match any on my vehicle data sticker. Anyone else noticed this?