2.0 TDi 150 FR ST New car few new questions including remap

Apr 20, 2019
Hi guys,

First off im very happy with my purchase i have spent some time on forums looking these up and making decisions over every car to chose from.

2016, 39k, grey, conv pack and upgraded alloys.

Just a few questions i have:

what is the service expectancy on this vehicle? ive been shown it has full history but i only have receipts for 18k and 30k. im more used to cars needing servicing every 10-12k.
Would anyone recommend a more frequent servicing as the dealer mentioned "long life" service and oil lasting 18k miles worries me slightly. Price of oil vs price of EGR valve, engine, turbo to me seems a no brainer.

Cambelt replacement time and would you recommend water pump change at the same time? used to on my old cars as for another £60 just replacing it made sense.

Any common problems? i tried looking for these and the only ones i could see were squeaking plastics.

what is the difference between the 184bhp model and the 150? i know the brakes and suspension are bigger if i've read correctly. Other than that is there any other major hardware changes?

As the title says I have been looking at remaps, are these cars quite happy with them? I have only found a few threads with them and not many comments on so just wondering has anyone had any problems with these as i think the PD engines when remapped you had to change the clutch to deal with the torque. I believe these cars are designed to tow from factory so I would imagine the boxes and clutches are much stronger this time round. If anyone has done it or know anyone that has done it? Would be good to get a few more people saying yes its great go and do it you wont regret it.

Thanks to anyone who reads this and helps out