2.0l 16v engine conversion to 18t can you help

vngtx

theres plenty of advice and info for the 1.8 k03 turbo convertion. only other option is vr6 which makes a beautiful sound :p

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
they cost 450 new. ko3 at 22 psi gives out 250hp with uprated intercooler and remap.

where you getting that figure from? standard k03 has max of about 210-220bhp

if you think about it, a k04 is in a 225 leon cupra r, and remapped 265bhp (from revo without an intercooler) so close to 280-290bhp with an intercooler

so where did you get 250bhp from a k03? k03's run outta puff easy

PS k03s will be inbetween

a k03/k03s hybrid would get you good power gains, and a k03hybrid can get close to 240/250bhp

vngtx

where you getting that figure from? standard k03 has max of about 210-220bhp

if you think about it, a k04 is in a 225 leon cupra r, and remapped 265bhp (from revo without an intercooler) so close to 280-290bhp with an intercooler

so where did you get 250bhp from a k03? k03's run outta puff easy

PS k03s will be inbetween

a k03/k03s hybrid would get you good power gains, and a k03hybrid can get close to 240/250bhp

saw one on ebay with 250hp and print out. had ALOT of work done to it though.

vngtx

ive done both 1.8t conversion and a 2l 16v ABF on bike carbs :D

if you need to know anything give me a pm and ill try and help...

btw... dont do bike carb conversion on a daily... mpg is appauling ;)

1.8T is awesome

.....plus NOS.....:thumbup: has anybody thought of doing a tfsi engine conversion yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordo

Mar 8, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland.
I have the 1.8T conversion planned also. Mine is an 8v so I think this will make it more complicated but I'm going to give it a bash anyway. It's due for it's MOT soon so I'll be using the time I need to save to educate myself further on here.

Anyway the point of my post was to point you in the direction of Martins thread. I've read it back to front twice and there's plenty of useful info in there.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153480&highlight=MK2+Conversion

Last edited:

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
roughly 200 quiddage mate, made from stainless, if you wanted the vac nipples aswell, youd be looking at an extra 25quid inc brake vac nipple

other than the manifold everything else is fairly cheap to collect and will only cost about 200 quid to finish it off....

vngtx

roughly 200 quiddage mate, made from stainless, if you wanted the vac nipples aswell, youd be looking at an extra 25quid inc brake vac nipple

other than the manifold everything else is fairly cheap to collect and will only cost about 200 quid to finish it off....

i like a nice pair of nipples :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.