2.0l 16v tuning

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
after my respray in the spring im wanting to get some extra bhp,

How much will i gain from chippin and remappin and what sort of price will i be looking at?

ur words of wisdom will be much appreciated as always.

cheers

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Smooth your airbox as per thread on club gti. Decat and full system, then it might need a remap but may run just fine and make good power.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Have a look at mine and F2 Stu's project threads! You should get all the knowledge you need from both our threads!

vngtx

have u got a pic of his car or a link?? ive seen 1 exactly same as mine floating about and im curious who it is! lol

just search the members list and i think hes got pics on his profile. its a mk2 gti 16v in black with bravus front bumper and intercooler. (1.8T) and with NOS. :happy:

vngtx

his airfilter is almost same size as my engine! get him to show u under his bonnet, its mentally shiny with intercooler pipes!

crossedmike

ok im looking at getting a little more out of my ibiza and seen a few items on the net for the 2.0 16v engines what im wanting to know is are they compatible with the ibiza set up or not worth the money

help would be appreciated

ENGINE MANAGEMENT UPGRADE - CHIP UPGRADE 2.0L 16V

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=24|G2&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=100

SPORT CAMSHAFT - HYDRAULIC LIFTER 16V INTAKE CAM, 250 DURATION

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=24|G2&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=43

and if so what sort of power or others things would i have to modify to get power or any other mods you can reccomend

vngtx

everybody will tell u, if you can afford a 2.0 16v conversion, you might aswell just buy 1.8t engine. best engine in the world and pennies to get massive power from.

crossedmike

mine already is 2.0 16v im not wanting to chnage the engine as has less then 20k on the engine so im wanting to get the full potention from the engine i mean i have a full stainless system on it with decat looking to get 421 manifold but finding hard to get one but im been told putting cams in the abf 16v is pointless as they only work well with the 8v or the 9a engines so im not sure what to persue as in performance mods

vngtx

full stainless bout 7-8hp gain, decat varies (can go either way) manifold will give mostly torque maybe 4-5hp too. ecu remap?

manifold from 1.8 16v gti mk2 fits i think, better double check first though.

crossedmike

ahhh ill have a look at the 8v manifolds i was looking in previous threads not fancying taking chunk out car with a sledge hammer to get a manifold

and ecu remap had crossed my mind but i mean for the money to get it fully remapped i could get nos fitted lol but im not sure whats your ibiza running at and what mods you done if you dont mind me asking

vngtx

mines an 8v, decat (not by choice, previous owner cut it off) induction kit and furry dice. 130 ish. 8v manifolds dont fit the 16v.

8v one is spaced out for inlet manifold to sit in between each port. 16v they are all next to eachother with bout 1cm gap between.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.