2.0tdi engine shudder problem

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Hey guys, got a small annoyance which keeps occurring recently. It’s a hit and miss when it happens, but on my 2.0tdi it sometimes doesn’t turn off in a smooth manner and sounds quite heavy and very sudden, while other times it sounds gradual and gentle while cutting the ignition. Don’t really know where to start looking and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
I had this on mine and it was an issue with "intake manifold flap".
I believe it was stuck open.

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
Part was replaced, fitted by my mechanic.
Could be the same part, its next to EGR valve

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
Now that you mention it... It was on at the time. You might have something a bit different.
Maybe get somebody with a code reader to scan the car. Might be a fault logged but not enough to turn on the light

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
What engine is it?

If it's the ASV you could possibly take it off and check there's no gunk inside impeding movement of the flap/butterfly assembly.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Had my car scanned yesterday as I was having a dpf problem, but it is also an intermittent EGR valve coming up as insufficient flow, been told a terraclean could solve this but due to the dpf being a pain now, I’m going to get them both rectified.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.