2.0tdi engine shudder problem

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Hey guys, got a small annoyance which keeps occurring recently. It’s a hit and miss when it happens, but on my 2.0tdi it sometimes doesn’t turn off in a smooth manner and sounds quite heavy and very sudden, while other times it sounds gradual and gentle while cutting the ignition. Don’t really know where to start looking and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lewis141

Jun 15, 2018
I have this issue, I would like to know what it is too to fix it, it's more of an annoyance more than anything. I was thinking possible worn engine and/or gearbox mounts, maybe someone can clarify ?

jdmsx

Away washing the car
I have this issue, I would like to know what it is too to fix it, it's more of an annoyance more than anything. I was thinking possible worn engine and/or gearbox mounts, maybe someone can clarify ?
Had my car scanned yesterday as I was having a dpf problem, but it is also an intermittent EGR valve coming up as insufficient flow, been told a terraclean could solve this but due to the dpf being a pain now, I’m going to get them both rectified.

Lewis141

Jun 15, 2018
I'm going to end up blanking my EGRand DPF, never had issues with them as I do long miles, I'm going to be upgrading the intercooler, exhaust, intake and then a map so might as well blank them while I'm at it.

Although a quick google shows it's common for diesels as they wind down, I had a fiat punto 1.9 before this car and that was similar, doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, just a bit annoying.

Cheers

Lewis141

Jun 15, 2018
I would also suspect either worn engine mounts, likely not and likely to be the ASV, anti shudder valve, but without someone more experienced diagnosing it were guessing

jdmsx

Away washing the car
I would also suspect either worn engine mounts, likely not and likely to be the ASV, anti shudder valve, but without someone more experienced diagnosing it were guessing
I had the car professionally scanned and that was the faults, which makes sense if the code for the egr is intermittent and the engine shudder only happens on occassion. I’ll be following down the same route for the egr+dpf delete plus more supporting mods, wanting to join the 200+ hp club

Reactions: Lewis141
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.