2.0tdi exhaust query

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
Ive got a mk2 leon 2.0tdi and ive had the back box removed and made it a staight-through from the cat (no back box) I was wondering if removing the cat would give any performance benefits? Since making the exhaust straight through ive blown the boost pipw a few times so im guessing its helping up performance? Also would removing the cat cause it to run in limp mode etc. :confused:

A wee video off the exhaust at the minute :D
http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/davidhicks_88/?action=view&current=V050109_0227.flv

Cheers Dave

frkid170

I have a Mk2 leon fr and have had the backbox removed, you dont notice any real difference in noise unless your accelerating hard although sometimes it gets real loud for some reason, it doesnt do it all the time just sometimes,:think: it does sound sweet when it does it. I havent noticed any change in power or anything just want to find out why it goes real 'growly' at certain times and not all the time. i was told you cant take the cat out of the system.

frkid170

Currently running standard but looking into an upgrade. You notice a difference when you put the induction kit on then?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.