2.0TSI CCZB FR MK2 Power loss (Whistle) GFB+?

Jul 14, 2019
London, UK
Hi guys,
I have a stage 2+ FR 2.0TSI ( not tfsi) 2009

I've had a strange train whistle/screem coming on boost. I've noticed the car has a very slight decreas in acceleration turbo power. But up in the revs it fly's. I've installed a DV GFB+ I'm thinking it's something to do with this ?

Things I have replaced
Actuator
N75 boost solonoid

My mods
- Ram air intake
- Intercooler
- Hybrid turbo
- 3inch turbo back miltek
- R8 Coils
- GFB DV+
- Runner flaps delete
- MAF blank (Reads from MAP)

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
I had the same noise my PVC was bad.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If it was me, I'd temporarily change the GFB back to a normal DV and see if the issue goes away. If it does, I'd lube up the GFB and put it back on. New rev pcv shouldn't be an issue.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Take the oil stick out with the engine running it should sound rough, if it still runs like normal then your PVC is bad.

But if only just happened when you changed the DV then is an obvious thing to check, is everything tightened, did you change the correct springs etc.

Jul 14, 2019
London, UK
Take the oil stick out with the engine running it should sound rough, if it still runs like normal then your PVC is bad.

But if only just happened when you changed the DV then is an obvious thing to check, is everything tightened, did you change the correct springs etc.

Hi Mate, I will try what you said about the dip stick. The PCV is new from TPS original and latest revision. I did take it off again to check it and put it back on. Whistle is still there. Yep I changed it to the book the GFB springs everything. I'm going to re oil and make sure bolts are done up properly.
Nightmare. Don't boost as it should 4k is full boost. Turbo kicks in 2kish

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Hi Mate, I will try what you said about the dip stick. The PCV is new from TPS original and latest revision. I did take it off again to check it and put it back on. Whistle is still there. Yep I changed it to the book the GFB springs everything. I'm going to re oil and make sure bolts are done up properly.
Nightmare. Don't boost as it should 4k is full boost. Turbo kicks in 2kish

4k is around peak boost to be honest then does drop off.

Does the whistle sound like this from your intake?

Jul 14, 2019
London, UK
4k is around peak boost to be honest then does drop off.

Does the whistle sound like this from your intake?

Mines more of a screetch. So I took out dipstick the engine hardly changed its tune. The notice was about 4% change lol I chat see anyleaks and the PCv is new :(

Jul 14, 2019
London, UK
Did you change the gasket as well?
Yep gasket was new. Took it off a couple days ago to inspect it. All looks good. ONE thing I have noticed is.... I can hear a faint hissing sound on idle... When I press the brake peddle down it goes away ? When I release it comes back. Strange.

Apart from that I can't source this issue. Going to revert back to a normal DV and see.

Jester

Aug 17, 2018
Hiss that goes away when applying brake sounds related to the vacuum feed going to the brake servo. This may or may not be normal behaviour, however I'd suggest somethings amiss, possibly a leak in the vacuum line feeding the brake servo. If so this might also be causing a general vacuum leaking with the engine affecting low speed running.
Might be a problem with the servo itself. Again depends on how loud etc, it might be perfectly normal.

I'd suggest at least giving the brake-related vacuum lines a check over just in case.

Jul 14, 2019
London, UK
Hiss that goes away when applying brake sounds related to the vacuum feed going to the brake servo. This may or may not be normal behaviour, however I'd suggest somethings amiss, possibly a leak in the vacuum line feeding the brake servo. If so this might also be causing a general vacuum leaking with the engine affecting low speed running.
Might be a problem with the servo itself. Again depends on how loud etc, it might be perfectly normal.

I'd suggest at least giving the brake-related vacuum lines a check over just in case.
Thanks for your help buddy I will check this

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
Check also the dipstick and the breather hose on the back off the crankcase for vacuum leaks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.