2 Problems: 1 touch window buttons and clutch pedal refitting...

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Hi all,

Im having so much trouble with this clutch pedal im refitting, ive got the pedal on, the white nylon sleeve that sits inside the box on the pedal which commenly snaps wont clip onto the 'plunger' which engages the clutch, do you put it on the plunger first then put the pdeal on over it, or do you put it in the pedal first and push the pedal down onto the plunger?

Also, cant get the stupid spring back on, clutch pedal all the way down and its still about an inch off :lol:

Last one... normally you can press the electric windows once and it goes all the way down, but it wont do it on the up no more... why?

Anyones help really appreciated :(

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2007
bristol
it really is a hard to get back on i found using zip ties to compress the spring helps to get it back in. also if you buy a new spring the come compressed i think.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
The windows can be trained. If you hold the switch down, let the window go all the way down and then continue to hold down for 10 secs, then let go and pull it up while the window goes all the way up and continue to hold for 10 seconds that should sort it. Job done :)

The one exception is the passenger window which isn't one touch up for the passenger IIRC

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Like this!

DSC00095.jpg

Pain in the ass

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Pain in the arse would describe it perfectly, bought a new clutch pedal and the welds are so so soooooooo tiny, crazy, got the welder out and just re-inforced so i never have to worry about it again!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Yeah I did mine before it went after about 5 people posted up about them snapping in the space of a week. One less thing to worry about when you're miles from home

ABCD0003.jpg

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
Thats exactly where i welded mine... just wish i read the forum before instead of travelling 80miles from home to essex for it to go on me :(