2000 Toledo climate control panel broken - help

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Hi All,

Yes me again with another problem.

My Climate control panel is broken and I need to replace it.

Can I replace it with a leon one, or does it have to be a toledo one?

Do the part numbers have to be the same or will any old one fit?

Cheers

Alex

Last edited:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
ouch, hope mine doesn't pack up!
Maybe try and find someone breaking a toledo or leon who doesn't know what these things are worth :shrug: It's worth a shot, I remember a few years back getting bits out of the scrappy for £10 and selling them on e-bay for e-bay prices ;)

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Do we still have scrappies in Edinburgh that you can just go in with your screwdriver in hand and have a loaf about Tartan? Haven't done that since I was a kid with my old man, sounds like it might be fun though :)

businessconsult

Where are you, I have a V5 selling for spares/repair, & the buyer just wants the leather interior. Car is in Banbury Oxon. Could be able to help you.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Do we still have scrappies in Edinburgh that you can just go in with your screwdriver in hand and have a loaf about Tartan? Haven't done that since I was a kid with my old man, sounds like it might be fun though :)

I reckon the health and safety morons have probably put the kybosh on that, can't have people clambering all over those dangerous pieces of metal. You might graze your knee and sue...

Seriously though, alot of local scrappers are more interested in selling the parts already off the car, both for health and safety reasons, but also because its then quite cheap to get them on Ebay and sell them to a wider audience.

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
I used to love raiding the scrapyard for bits with my dad when i was a kid. Seeing all the wrecked cars and classics just sat there slowly rusting away into the ground.

It's a shame they don't let you do that anymore as the scrapyard used to be great for finding those little pieces you need that nobody else seems to sell.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh

SCB at Newbridge still do this. Not been for a year or so but never seemed to have many SEATs - never saw a Toledo there yet.
There's also one at Loanhead, can't remember what it's called but they tend to have more 'older' cars.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Yep remember the one at Loanhead, also used to be a Bernard Hunters up at Gilmerton but I guess that has gone now. Also one down abbeyhill. Must have a wee drive around one day. :think:

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Where are you, I have a V5 selling for spares/repair, & the buyer just wants the leather interior. Car is in Banbury Oxon. Could be able to help you.

Hello Buddy, Tried to Pm you but I couldnt for some reason.

Im down in london but I could pay for postage of the item down to me?

Thoughts?

businessconsult

As a Newbie I cant send PM, guess not receive either.
If you still need one I could ebay with a Buy it Now for £100?

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
As a Newbie I cant send PM, guess not receive either.
If you still need one I could ebay with a Buy it Now for £100?

Hello Buddy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I cant really afford that price at the moment as im flat out broke.

Can I come back to you in a couple weeks once I have sold a few things?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise