2002 Leon tdi s 90bhp

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
The bosio nossles are alot better than the bosch ones aren't they? How much difference do the cams make to power output? Does it make power higher up the rev range or increase the volumetric flow capacity of the engine at increased rpms. It's all money isn't it?

Bosio are just different from bosch, they're a different design with maybe a better flow. I don't think bosch are to bothered about designing new nozzles for the older tdi engine as it's not so much in their interest with all the newer cars on the go. I totally like my bosio's anyway but be warned there are both fake bosch and bosio nozzles out there and they're both crap.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I seen some bosios and bosch on fleabay but I think I'd probably be better getting them from a tuning company in america. Are you allowed to say who? Sounds like a muppets character. Done a wee bit of reading not that I don't believe you boys on power levels, seen that hungarian boys car and it works. It's just my mate (diesel des) said my asv would only be safe at about 185bhp, with a turbo change, and I was curious about the internals difference. I found that 98 ahu engines on had pistons that share the same part numbers as alh engine pistons and both use the same conrods. So I posted are they actually the same pistons cos the thread sounded like it was talking about two different piston designs. Question for mrannick. Is your gt2260 of a 2.5tdi v6 engine and did you have to get a shim or alter you rear engine mount altered for it to fit? Thanks.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Your engine is good for around 300bhp, you've got the best pistons of the lot too. They have some sort of oil channel thing that helps. Saying that I think 200 is a good round number to go for on these older engines and if you want more go for the PD set up.

As for the nozzles you can say who they're from, kerma tdi, id parts, drivbiwire? There's a few folk selling them. You could also speak to Ryan in the UK at Darkside developments, he's really good with the tdi.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I wasn't too sure if that was advertising or not. You can tell my first computer was an abacus. I can't belive it's been 6 days since my last post. That's what 3 shifts, 3 dogs, 2 demanding daughters, 1 nagging wife and 0 helpful gandparents does for you. I can't wait to get a bit of peace and quite to read your tag about your build. Thanks for the heads up about uk sellers, didn't know about them. I'm going to wash the dishes now and go to bed. 06:20 comes round far too soon.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Lol I don't envy you bud, got a wife and 3 cats and that's plenty. The wife and the cats are all nuts though! :D

As for advertising, I just post and if the mods don't like it they can delete it so it's fine. It's difficult knowing what is and isn't allowed sometimes due to it being a bit of a grey area.

mrannikk0

Nov 15, 2011
Finland
www.seatcupra.net
I'll have to say that I don't know exactly is my turbo gt2260?! I know just it is VNT1852V modified. It could be similar? (correct me if I'm wrong!) Turbo has modified mountings that fits in AHU exhaust manifold.

Lol!! I'v got wife and two cats too! And my wife is washing the dishes now!!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
My mistake mrannick0, I've been reading too many posts and got my wires crossed. :rolleyes: There are so many gts 17s and vnts. It's all so confusing. :confused: I think my mate was running a turbo from a 2.5 tdi audi but not sure if it was straight 5 or v6, I'll have to check. My turbo is wearing and I would like a new 1 but don't really want to have to mess with engine mounts. I would prefer vnt but wouldn't rule out a wastegated hybrid.

borgandre

Guys, i need your help. My turbo on an alh 90bhp is a gonner and I am getting a reconditioned one. I read in these forums that I can upgrade my turbo to a pd 150 and get a new set of nozzles. I am not looking for max bhp, i would like a safer set up whitout extra large nozzels if you know what I mean. I am also going to do a remap after the new turbo and nozzels are installed so that I get the fuel/air mixture right as I dont want her to smoke. My questions are the following:

Do I need any adapters to fit a pd 150 turbo to my engine??
What is the turbo code of the pd 150?
Which nozzle size do you recommend?
Are there any sensors that need to be changed since I am upgrading the turbo???

many thanks for your help

borgandre

Guys, i need your help. My turbo on an alh 90bhp is a gonner and I am getting a reconditioned one. I read in these forums that I can upgrade my turbo to a pd 150 and get a new set of nozzles. I am not looking for max bhp, i would like a safer set up whitout extra large nozzels if you know what I mean. I am also going to do a remap after the new turbo and nozzels are installed so that I get the fuel/air mixture right as I dont want her to smoke. My questions are the following:

Do I need any adapters to fit a pd 150 turbo to my engine??
What is the turbo code of the pd 150?
Which nozzle size do you recommend?
Are there any sensors that need to be changed since I am upgrading the turbo???

many thanks for your help

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
The mate preferred the ASZ engine code turbo pd 130 because of the size( smaller). The pd 150 has engine code ARL . You need a 3 bar map sensor. Nossles? It depends on what power you want. 0.226 um maybe should be tunable from 150 to 210 bhp with controlable smoke levels. The turbo should carry its own exhaust manifold that will fit up to your engine block with new gaskets obviously. Clocking of the compressor wheel. The exhaust downpipe flange. Oil feed and return lines. The compressor housing intake side may need an adaptor bracket to connect to the original ducting.

The above may need attention. I haven't actually fitted one but as they are both vnt turbos they use the virtually the same control method and physically the same.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise