2003 Leon Cupra Epc lit/limp mode ?!!.

DaveLeoncuprawolfe

Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone I’ve recently purchased Leon Cupra 03 1.8t 124k,2 owners from new showroom condition.
The person I purchased the car off drove it 60 miles to me I drove it a mile around the block but thought that for a 03 it was ok .
Upon driving the car an hr later after 5 min the engine management light came on but the car was still full power,I drove it home and parked it up .
The next day I drove it a further mile and the epc light lit up and the car had restricted power .
Upon turning it off the epc disappeared but the management light stayed on .
Now the epc keeps lighting up any ideas anyone ?,the clutch servo in box was changed just prior to my purchase ??.
Any help much appreciated

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Hi everyone I’ve recently purchased Leon Cupra 03 1.8t 124k,2 owners from new showroom condition.
The person I purchased the car off drove it 60 miles to me I drove it a mile around the block but thought that for a 03 it was ok .
Upon driving the car an hr later after 5 min the engine management light came on but the car was still full power,I drove it home and parked it up .
The next day I drove it a further mile and the epc light lit up and the car had restricted power .
Upon turning it off the epc disappeared but the management light stayed on .
Now the epc keeps lighting up any ideas anyone ?,the clutch servo in box was changed just prior to my purchase ??.
Any help much appreciated
To be honest what were you expecting from a 15 year old vehicle?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Now the epc keeps lighting up any ideas anyone ?

Trouble is, the EPC light is just a generic "somethings wrong" light. You'd need to connect it up and scan it for codes. Dealers usually charge for the priviledge. But you can get OBD connectors off Amazon and use phone apps. Or buy a dedicated scanner (as long as it does vag cars). But you'd need the error code to even start narrowing it down.

DaveLeoncuprawolfe

Dec 5, 2018
Trouble is, the EPC light is just a generic "somethings wrong" light. You'd need to connect it up and scan it for codes. Dealers usually charge for the priviledge. But you can get OBD connectors off Amazon and use phone apps. Or buy a dedicated scanner (as long as it does vag cars). But you'd need the error code to even start narrowing it down.
On the case got an obd2 and tried it ,it fits the shape of seat hole but pins on reader have round ends ,seat excepts flat/spade pins don’t wanna force reader in ,so waiting on a mate to lend me his snap on 1 .
I think it’s a sensor/plug gone loose etc due to box being out just prior to purchase .
Gutted the cars mint ,full blk leathers etc ,want it on rd for family to use .

DaveLeoncuprawolfe

Dec 5, 2018
Fault code p2138 Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch D/E voltage correlation (confirmed DTC).
After goggling fault code it relays to opening and closing of throttle ,after going bk to look at ad pics the outside of the throttle body is stinking ,let’s hope a good clean will resolve this if not onto pedal sensor !!.

Attachments

• 0D5F8E02-C86F-4FBD-8284-62D8CC0DC32B.png
    0D5F8E02-C86F-4FBD-8284-62D8CC0DC32B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 66