Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

2004 Ibiza cupra 1.8T Fuel Trims (High Negative) run -8.6%

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by ibiza1.8t-cupra, Mar 9, 2020.

1. ibiza1.8t-cupra

ibiza1.8t-cupra Active Member

Hi,
    I have done some logs in VCDS and I have Fuel Trims of:

BLOCK 032
    idle -0.9%
    run -8.6%

This run fuel trim seems high, I have replaced the MAF and it is still a high negative.

Not sure what could be causing this, I believe it is running rich with it being a high negative?

2. R3k1355

R3k1355 Active Member

Not had a previous owner messing around with the injectors has it?

3. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Hi,
    Thanks, how would I be able to tell if Injectors were wrong?

I'm thinking a boost leak, will have a spray around intercooler hoses with diluted washing up liquid and go for a short drive, if rain ever stops, not sure how else I could find a boost leak?

4. R3k1355

R3k1355 Active Member

Check the colour/part number to make sure someone's not just dropped a larger set int

The best way is to pressurise the intake system and listen for a hiss, or drop in pressure. You'll need to make a DIY kit to work with your setup.

This MCM video explains the basics, if you don't have a compressor to hand you can fit a tyre valve and use the same pump you'd do your tyres with.

5. ibiza1.8t-cupra

Hi,
    Checked the injectors they are all: 06A906031BA
    Black colour OEM type.
    That looks correct according to:
    http://www.oemepc.com/seat

I had a really good look at all the hoses from turbo to intake and found a jubilee clip that looked to be tightening up, but had lost its thread inside, replaced that, it was the top 90 degree hose off the turbo, hidden away under the hoses heat jacket.

Also replaced the big o ring inside one of the metal hoses joint and....

wow got the power back, loads more power now, it absolutely flies... happy to have found this, it must have been leaking for a while,