2004 Seat Ibiza FR 1.9TDI Oil Coming From From Turbo Pipe?!

Seat-Ibiza-FR

Jan 6, 2014
Hi,

I have just purchased my first Seat Ibiza, Its a 2004 1.9tdi FR. When i bought the car i was told that the car has been remapped. When my partner was looking at the car he noticed a screw had been put in the turbo pipe to hold it together.. So he questioned the man and he said because of the remap it was blowing the turbo pipe off so he held it in with the screw. He also said due to the remap it has been spitting oil out the turbo pipe aswell. After owning the car just over a week it seems to have a lot of oil coming from the pipe ..It has got a little puddle of oil.

The car drives and performs perfectly with no noises or anything- I have been driving the car a little hard because ive just bought it [B)]

Is this normal for the remap to cause this?

HELP!?!

Thanks Jennie :cry:

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Hi Jennie,

I would say perfectly normal in that the hoses on these engines are renowned for failure as they are all joined together at various points with just a push fit O'ring seal and held in place with a large C clip. Over time these joints and O'rings wear out inevatibly leading to air leaks. These engines also generate alot of intake oil which originates from the breather pipe the goes from the rocker cover to the intake and combined with the exhaust soot that the EGR feeds back in creates a very black sludge in the intake pipes. The oil usually collects at the lowest part of the system where there is also one of these joints and seeps out due to the seal being loose.

Only way to totally eradicate it is to upgrade your hoses to silicon type which have alot better fittings than the OEM ones. If you do a search there is quite alot info about these pipes I think it is Darkside who do pipes that most people seem to go for.

So I wouldn't worry too much about this as it is a forte of these cars however it will need a bit of money throwing at it to rectify.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
You can stop the oil getting into the pipes by fitting a catch can to the crankcase vent and blanking the hole in the turbo intake pipe, or not bother with a catch can and do the 'elephant mod' as they call it on briskoda

Seat-Ibiza-FR

Jan 6, 2014
Hi,

Awwww thank you ever soo much! Il ask my partner to look into it for me :) It was just a bit of a shock when I saw it lol

Gotta say i love the car :)

Thank you!!!

Jennie

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
the 'screw' is a known method to keep the pipes on and works well. A puddle is more of a leak than normal imho. if its leaking oil you will be losing boost pressure as well. I recommend getting a new set of pipes too try sfs or custom making your own, the bayonet fittings are now easily available on ebay. you will see improved performance and some of the oil should get burnt up in combustion.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.