1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

2005 toledo gear box oil

Discussion in 'MK3 Toledo' started by ivr5944, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ivr5944

ivr5944 Active Member

hello there im new here but have a potential disaster on my hands. 1.9 tdi 105 bhp 5 spd box.
    car runs lovely , but on long runs the gearbox can be a bit notch y when been driven 60 or so miles , was recommended to change gear oil so off to garage it went i was present.
    top filler open and some oil dribbled out , bottom drain open and abt a cupfull came out and thats it . but still dribling out from the filler .
    mechanic refits the drain plug and tops up but it only took abt half a cup , he then opens drain plug and only a tiny amount came out mr mechanik stumpt. he then refits drain plug and trys to fill it up he ended up only putting a tiny amount in he says as i saw it pore out of filler , neither of us know if theres enough oil in the box but it was rooring out of the filler and he refitted the bolt . grr im scared it just would not take any oil he said .
    :cry: he did not charge me a penny as he says couldnt get any oil in it why please someone help

2. ivr5944

ivr5944 Active Member

Ok problem solved , we turned the wheels a d the oil went in a 80 yr old mechanic did it with me , the old ways arre the best ways