Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

2007 fr tfsi uprated suspension with minimal lowering

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by hayesey, Jun 29, 2015.

1. hayesey

hayesey Active Member

So, my Leon is in need of some suspension. I figure that I might as well replace with something a little bit stiffer than standard.

The car is my daily driver so I want to retain comfort and I do drive over some rubbish roads which aren't suited to a low car.

So I'm after some suspension that retains the standard ride height or with perhaps 30mm lowering at the absolute most.

Any recommendations? I'm more used to messing about with older VWs really (watercooled stuff though), koni shocks with eibach springs was always seen as good, is that the case still?

cheers,
    Paul.

2. hayesey

hayesey Active Member

is standard cupra or cupra r suspension worth looking at? Is it any different to what comes on an fr?

3. TidzaCupra

TidzaCupra Active Member

The Cupra standard suspension is slightly different, around 10mm lower.

Just wondering why you want new suspension if you don't want to change ride height or comfort?

However maybe Eibach Prolines will suite you.

4. hayesey

hayesey Active Member

well I just meant I don't want to lower it a silly amount with really stiff suspension. I don't want it exactly standard but just a little bit stiffer and slightly lowered.

I will look at Cupra suspension and also Eibach though, thanks for the information!

5. rllmuk

rllmuk Active Member

Bilstein B12 - lowers it enough and is usable on all roads/speed bumps etc without clearance issues. Also found it more comfortable that my standard FR suspension.

Other kits that do similar are available, you could just get the Eibach springs, but on an 07 springs and shocks are worth doing together.

6. Kiukas

Kiukas 255hp&390nm

7. GordieC

GordieC Active Member

I cracked 2 springs on my cupra and replaced them with Eibach Sportline springs. It did lower the car a touch but not excessively so. The car has a very slightly firmer ride but it's nothing you won't be able to live with. If anything, it's removed the horrible crashy feeling that the OEM springs gave on rough roads.

Looks-wise, the car is lower but I feel it still looks like it should have left the factory that way. You can still see a slight gap between the top of the front tyre and the arch while the rear tyre is about flush with the top of the arch.

I'm sure plenty of guys on here will have before and after pictures of these springs.