2007 ibiza 1.4 16v - engine management and EPC lights on, intermittently won't idle?!

baderlfc

Having problems with a 2007 1.4 ibiza we've recently got.

Previously had Engine management and EPC come on after almost stalling, no running problems what so ever.. this was cleared by a vag-com scan and thought nothing more of it.

Lights came on again after stalling, engine management stayed on permanently so scanned and cleared faults again with vag-com.. re-scanned, no faults found.

Then tonight almost stalled again!! :censored: EPC and engine management on again, this time after turning engine off then on both lights stayed on.

Also whilst driving home everytime I came to a complete at a junction and put clutch in the engine cut out... Basically the car wouldn't idle.

Got home, left car for 10 minutes then went back out.. both EPC and engine management still on but car now driving fine!!

Spoke to mrs' sister who it belongs to, she says it cuts out intermittently when coming to complete stop but generally running fine.. no loss of power etc.

I'm thinking this is sensor related, but what sensor?!

Any idea's of what could cause this weird issue?????

Vag-com not showing any permanent faults when re-scanning..

Thanks in advance!!

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
it would help if you knew what codes were listed at the time however I would take a look at the throttle buttrerfly and also the egr valve and the pipe into the manifold there are appraently a couple of small holes that block up it would need vag-com reset for both after cleaning

baderlfc

I was thinking throttle body, going to give that a clean on the weekend..

I assume your talking about the inlet manifold yeah? Could I clean that while I'm at it?

I didn't think it's need to be reset in vag-com so long as the keys are out of the ignition???

Also I didn't know the petrol models had EGR valves? Where would I find that to clean aswell???

CHeers in advance!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise