2007 Leon 2.0TDi 'Stylance'

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They need the car for 3 days and i'll only get it back on the Saturday so it might mean I wont make it. Still I'll aim to make the next one...
Can you not let them know the importance of this meet lol Maybe drop in a few bags of doughnuts?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Can you not let them know the importance of this meet lol Maybe drop in a few bags of doughnuts?

I will lean on them when I drop it off.... lol.

I could end up with it back the same day, they carry out some diagnostic checks to make sure theyre not going to kill it, if it fails I drive home a sad man. That said it passed the first 2 tests as I performed them today, hit the rev limiter in 3rd and 4th without any limp home action, passed with flying colours.

Interesting to see what the final bhp or more importantly the torque figures will be

They say the figures quoted are conservative, it depends on a few things but its but the max bhp on the stock injectors is around 235bhp, there will be some decisions to make about how aggressive I want to go. In terms of torque, i have no idea but I suspect it will pull quite well.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Noooooooo. We need all the Red cars we can get at the meet

Seriously it’s going to be a beastie.

I’m still hoping I’ll make it, might be a little later than planned... or earlier depends on how fast it goes! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I’m still hoping I’ll make it, might be a little later than planned... or earlier depends on how fast it goes! Haha.

Pretty please just hire a blue seat for the day and turn up to thr meet lol I'd laugh... Alot

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Joy of joys.... I have an issue just driving home and the ABS, ESC and tyre lights came on... then they went off again... then they came back on again...

8b6d334fe6486c1e15bfcca98730b959.jpg

Reading some threads could be a few things so ill be booking it in for a diagnostic so find out what’s going on, could have done without this right now though.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Joy of joys.... I have an issue just driving home and the ABS, ESC and tyre lights came on... then they went off again... then they came back on again...

8b6d334fe6486c1e15bfcca98730b959.jpg

Reading some threads could be a few things so ill be booking it in for a diagnostic so find out what’s going on, could have done without this right now though.

Well plummeting temps (I am in N Yorks too) could be a contributor, wait for sunrise mate

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I’ll just take it to my mate of a mates garage and see what’s what. Hopefully an easy fix.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Cheers, just had it read and its the right rear sensor thats giving an issue. I've booked it in to get replaced, normally something I would do myself but the reading is free if you get the work done or it costs if you dont and the overall cost is about the same. That said its been fine today, but i'll get it done anyway.

Does anyone have a reader of their own? Tempted to get one but they all seem to plug into a laptop and for that id also need to buy a laptop...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I use this for my car, it works like a VCDS plug in laptop thing but for your mobile phone (Not sure if it supports Apple devices yet as it was Android only) - https://obdeleven.com/en/

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I use this for my car, it works like a VCDS plug in laptop thing but for your mobile phone (Not sure if it supports Apple devices yet as it was Android only) - https://obdeleven.com/en/

Cheers, we are all Apple here, but I'll check it out I imagine its only a matter of time before they bring out an iOS version.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I use carista

Basicly the same expect its a £30 a year subscription with unlimited customises on an unlimited amount of vehicles

Obd eleven costs points im sure per mod

leon mk1 cupra

Ah, good to know and they have an iOS app already. I'll look into that a bit more! Thanks.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Okay so I’ve got a Carista and it’s a great piece of kit.

Also the engine mods have been put on hold for one reason and another, I want to donut properly which means I need a few more pennies. Still planning on getting it done just might be a bit later in the new year.

Looking at some other bits and bobs again like ARB and ALK in the meantime.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Some odds and sods to get done over the next day or so, not sure I’m actually going to get a sub but going to fit the RCA cable while the headunits our saves me having to do it again.

ce384e685134fd70466d42fe410f5c8d.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'd love to get stuff like this done as I loved the sub in my company car (factory) and as mines 8 years old the sound isn't great...

As soon as I plan something I end up just cleaning in the car instead...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise