2008 Btcc Calendar - Silverstone Back On The Tour

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The provisional calendar for the 2008 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship has been announced. To celebrate the Championship’s 50th Anniversary, Silverstone returns to the calendar and the Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit will host the season finale. One of this seasons popular rounds at Rockingham also makes a welcome return in 2008.

Read more

I have also put up a provisional calendar sticky as i did for last season, detailing the dates and the circuit ticket office numbers and web links.

you can find that HERE << CLICKY

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that's a much better balanced calendar than this years one. which was frankly rubbish.

Brands GP finale, that (again) is 'the best' - 2004 I think it was last used

no mondello :) one thruxton (thank god) and both my local circuits.

much closer together, so i won't get bored.

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
only made Brands at the beginning of the season this year.

South Bank is ace for the GP circuit, as there are huge TV screens showing action from the rest of the track :)

it's only £5 or so to pay, sure some guys won't have a problem with that???
i've always paid to park there, til SCN got passes over the last couple of years.

Stu

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Fantastic news that for the second year running the organisers have put Croft at the start of June. In fact the earliest date in the history of the meeting.

I am hoping that an late June-early July meeting has been consigned to the bin of history on the basis of the annual temperatures in that time of the year in North Yorkshire. Because other than the 2001 meeting when it was cloudy and rainy and the 2004 meeting when the temperature seemed perfect, every year I have gone the temperature has been very hot, dry and sticky. Not humid because I can take certain humidity. But very hot, dry and sticky.

Perhaps it is the location? That part of North Yorkshire is far inland and isn't prone to getting the cool offshore breezes.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Fantastic news that for the second year running the organisers have put Croft at the start of June. In fact the earliest date in the history of the meeting.

I am hoping that an late June-early July meeting has been consigned to the bin of history on the basis of the annual temperatures in that time of the year in North Yorkshire. Because other than the 2001 meeting when it was cloudy and rainy and the 2004 meeting when the temperature seemed perfect, every year I have gone the temperature has been very hot, dry and sticky. Not humid because I can take certain humidity. But very hot, dry and sticky.

Perhaps it is the location? That part of North Yorkshire is far inland and isn't prone to getting the cool offshore breezes.

I don't think it's unusual for that area. The factor i think, that makes Croft so difficult when it is so hot, is that there is nowhere to escape it. Zero shaded areas.

Oulton Park for example, there are lots of tree lined areas, where you can escape the relentless baking sun. There are few places if any at Croft to escape it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.