2008 BTCC - Entry List

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If you look at Curitiba (the Brazillian WTCC track) it is a track very much suited for high speed. SEAT were compromised on tyre wear so may of had the car setup to deal with the increased temperatures and increased wear associated with higher speeds and higher braking speeds too. This had the effect of giving them better speed on the straight bits, but harmed the cornering speeds as they were trying to conserve the tyres.

It was historically a BMW track, so the fact the SEAT's bucked the anticipated trend at Curitiba winning both races was very good. It may well be seen that they suffer at other circuits, we shall have to see.

For example at Thruxton the BTCC run all the cars with a special compound of Dunlops to cope with the high speed wear rates associated with a track like that. I'm not sure if WTCC do the same.

Many of the UK circuits are less of a drag strip and much more twisty where slower speeds are maintained.

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Well, to me the introduction of diesels to a main manufactor is a backward step.. I guess due to the fact i have to work on them all day dont help the issue. Im just not a diesel fan am afraid..:redface:

But it will be good to see what they can do..

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Seems a bit pointless really, buy cars with the hope you'll get good drivers wanting to bring moeny to the team. Not sure that's an entirely great plan to be honest.

Considering Motorbase are still pimping them for sale, makes me wonder if that deal didn't fall through. We'll see anyway.

I can't see them getting top class drivers, as they all want to be paid for their services rather than bringing money to the table.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It was CMS Motorsport from the SCC who were linked with the cars. I think it was along the lines of "if someone brings us money, we'll buy the cars and run them".

Surprised nobody has bought them actually, much cheaper for a pair of cars than a single 320Si with all the whistles and bells. :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.