2008 Mk4 Ibiza - Induction Kit

trivium2k7

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and just bought myself a 2008 Mk4 Ibiza 1.4 16v.

I am interesting in purchasing an induction kit for my car however I am not 100% sure on what to buy. I am willing to spend £100 MAX on the kit and have been looking at the PK198 pipercross induction kit. (I am unable to post the URL to show the kit as I am a new)

I was also going to purchase a cold air feed, is this worth the money?

Please advise if this is the correct choice for my car or if there is better for the money.

Also, how can I upload pics to show you guys the car as I get the following message:
"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Welcome to the site mate,

in regards to the induction kit, most people tend to recommend a Green panel filter, and a PD160 air intake. the panel filter is about £30/£40 depending on where you get it from. and the PD160 air intake is off a Diesel Cupra and im presuming bigger than the intake you have on yours. there is a picture comparing the 2 knocking around somewhere, but cant remember where off the top fo my head!! :ban:

Is this the pipercross induction kit your on about??

pk_kit_typical600.jpg

If so, by the looks of it, from the picture above it comes with a cold air feed (the black and yellow striped pipe in the bottom right corner) so i wouldnt buy one until the kit turns up....just incase it does have one. I would def recommend a cold air feed though due to Seat being geniuses and putting the induction kit behind the battery and there not being great air flow!! Being that you have a 1.4, you wont see massive gains from the induction kit, although you will see a noise increase (as your probably already aware).

Hope that helps to some extent mate!!

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I think the air intake is different on the 1.4 so a Cupra air hose won't fit...At least it is in the 75 bhp ones - the filter is in the engine cover.

trivium2k7

Welcome to the site mate,

in regards to the induction kit, most people tend to recommend a Green panel filter, and a PD160 air intake. the panel filter is about £30/£40 depending on where you get it from. and the PD160 air intake is off a Diesel Cupra and im presuming bigger than the intake you have on yours.

Hey Mate,

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask, Is the Green panel filter and the PD160 air intake better than the induction in perfromance?
Also, You think the Green panel filter and the PD160 would increase the noise? as this was one reason why I wanted the induction.

The induction kit I am looking at is found at the following URL, Please correct the URL below as I have had to space out the URL to allow me to post it to you as I have not had 15 posts yet. lol :)

http : // www the piper cross shop .co .uk /induction kitdisplay. asp? model =127& kit =355

If you click buy now, you will see the cold air flow. What you think is my best option?

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Sean

trivium2k7

Hey guys,

Can I have some advice on what to go for:

1, Pipercross PK198 induction kit
2, Green panel filter with PD160 air intake

Which one would you guys recomend and why?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The Cupra intake feeds the air box, but the 1.4 doesn't have the air box. The filter is in the engine cover, so it wouldn't be much use. The induction kit would be better if it's noise you're after.

Apr 27, 2008
i have a bmc cda induction kit on my 1.4 FS ibiza and it is a great bit of kit, adds abit more power to the acceleration but not massive gains. although it was £160 when i bought it and a no your max is £100 but you might be able to get a good deal this time of year. is yours the 100bhp or the 75bhp model? i would go for the induction kit instead of the panel filter a love the noise which they give off and you get a bit of power too.

trivium2k7

I have the 86bhp model, it is a limited edition model with the aero kit.

If i purchase the induction kit, I will need a cold air feed for best performance, Correct?
Will the PD160 intake, and the green panel filter not give better performance than an induction kit? Even though it will not have the sound?

Thanks again,
Sean

Apr 27, 2008
alrite iv never heard of that model before :doh:

With my induction kit you got a cold air feed with it. The kit isn't the same design as the pipercross in the picture above, the bmc cda is all inclosed to get the best performance and the most cold air. i haven't got a picture of mine but this is the picture off the website which a got mine off http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ theres a quick code box at the bottom left hand side of the screen, if you put 321B6 in there it will take you straight to it.

As for the PD160 intake and the green panel filter, i have never had one so i couldn't say, many people have got them on so am sure someone will let you know.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Anybody know if the pd160 intake will fit my pd75 as ive been looking for one of these for ages

Btw i havent got a engine cover so no chance the filter can be in the cover

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh if i know it definetly fits my car i will go ask the steelers soon as local one gives SCN members 10% off

trivium2k7

my first service was today, I asked about the PD160 and Seat stated it would fit my car (2008 1.4 16v 86bhp)

I am not sure about the TDI engine tho :/