2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Official pics of the facelifted Mk2 Leon have been released by SEAT and the car debuts alongside a facelifted Altea range at the same time.

More info - http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1055&Itemid=1

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Front bumper on the Leon is.......interesting :blink: Not liking the FR badge on the lip of the bumper either.

Interior, I guess its got a nice steering wheel.

Good news for current owners as it's hardly a facelift, more a 'face peel'.

Two words. DAMN ACCOUNTANTS.

I'm sure the competitors are shaking in their boots about this as it will really move the Leon forward as VW roll out the Golf 6

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I like the fact they have kept the outside styling similar to the current model. I do like the rear end but the front looks a little awkward. That XDS system sounds great to.

Finally the front gets the honeycomb grill instead of the slats!!!

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
very similar to current car, not liking the new front. Backs ok, but is almost the same as the old one!

addition of the new 211hp 2.0TSI is interesting!

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Front bumper on the Leon is.......interesting :blink: Not liking the FR badge on the lip of the bumper either.

Interior, I guess its got a nice steering wheel.

Good news for current owners as it's hardly a facelift, more a 'face peel'.

Two words. DAMN ACCOUNTANTS.

I'm sure the competitors are shaking in their boots about this as it will really move the Leon forward as VW roll out the Golf 6

As I expected really, given the hints i've had over the past few months. Nothing more than a bit of lippy really. I think from a business point of view it's better to do what they have done. Rather than spend lots changing it radically, that money is better being channelled towards developing the next generation Mk3 Leon.

Nothing too offensive really, and nothing that really makes it superior to the earlier Leon's. The XDS differential system sounds interesting, but I fear it's still an electronic aid rather than a mechanical diff, so it won't really be that superior. But we'll await more details.

Common rail derv is obviously a good addition to the range.

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'd go with that.

When they facelifted the S3 they:

1) added the DSG option,
2) changed the alloys for the new S version,
3) included the flat bottomed steering wheel for free (used to be a £260 option),
4) added indicators into the wing mirrors,
5) changed the front lights to include the LED day running lights
6) changed the rear light cluster configuration
7) Re-detailed front and rear bumpers and meshing (changed mesh to chromed fins)
8) Changed internal clocks and driver interface lighting
9) Changed all the switches on the dash

and those are just the things that immediately come to mind.

Lost close to £3k overnight on pre facelift model so I actually think its a great move that not much has changed for all owners and dealers as residuals of existing stock should hold up better.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Theres an extra button behind the 12v socket. Alot more buttons on the wheel.

Its quite subtle with a few nice changes.

See they've managed to hide the headlight washers abit better.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The engine changes are very interesting.

Think that could hit values hard on the FR.

The common rail might help get round the DPF problems... I've not heard of anyone having DPF issues with it.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am willing to bet the Cupra will also have the TSI engine although it does not say so in that press release. Probably a variant of the TSI engine in the S3.

I wonder if the Aero Kit stays?!

Maximus2000uk

Ive got a red FR and im very happy with todays changes because mine will still look awesome!

The front of the new one seems to be far less sporty, the rear looks horrible (look at how big the rear-glass is!), and I dont rate the wheels over the ones ive got on mine (Andromeda 18's). I agree that the headlamp washers look much cleaner now, and the new engine for the FR does sound good.

The interior isnt bad though, and I like the flat-bottomed steering wheel. I wonder if the steering wheel will be something that can be bought as an accessory for those who have the current version too. Id like to see a clearer image of the new heating controls - they look quite funky. I like the new seats too. I wonder what the additional button is, by the 12v, as mentioned above...

All in all, its not bad, but it isnt really a face-lift, more a raid on the parts bin from VW, who are now happy to provide their old parts from the Golf mk5.

P.S. Am I the only one to notice that the gear-knob on the DSG box is now roundish, instead of bar shaped. Yuck!

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Id like to see a clearer image of the new heating controls - they look quite funky. I like the new seats too. I wonder what the additional button is, by the 12v, as mentioned above...

Big images are available on the SEAT Media site

Extra switch is the on/off switch for the front parking sensors.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Hmm.. Not sure if I like the front on that! The interior looks nice, I love the seats and steering wheel, but theres just something about the from that doesn't appeal to me..

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
It looks to me like they have got rid of the digital aircon system??? :cry: Y??

I'm liking the sound of the 211bhp engine tho, I was looking at getting a Mk6 GTi, but I think another Leon is in order :)

Maximus2000uk

Im not mad about the black and green graphics in the dials, especially the MFD. I wonder though whether the Leon will get the Skoda MFD meaning it can read out txt messages.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.