2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
See earlier in this thread!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206367&page=21

Got loads more!

Side.jpg

Hi my new FR is coming in October week 38 build, it is also candy white. Where did you get those black mirror covers, are they available to order? I am also having the black alloys and I think it looks much better with black mirrors than the standard silver.

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
Black mirrors definitely make the difference. Bit of an odd one this, I didnt order them! The car just turned up like that! Guess I got lucky

kris_tdi

Mar 26, 2007
Just ordered mine

2.0 tdi fr
candy white
18" orion wheels in black
convenience pack

Cant wait, not expected till march though, doh

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
is the dash a different colour to the prefacelift leon dash? im liking that new radio!

Yup, dash is now white, and seems to have shuffled around a bit. Think it was red before? Radio is alot better, and just generally feels less dark inside with the white lighting instead of red.

Bilsten

Hi Chappies

I have a 06/09 facelift FR in Candy White. Someone ran into it in Sept and had to get a new door and left side re spray. The colour match was terrible and its since been re sprayed on the same side 3 times and not really much better. I have seriously gone right off what was a beautiful car. The paint shop say it is a problem with the laquer and will do nothing else with it. They produced a letter from the laquer manufacturer which claims they are aware of the problem with candy white.

Anyone else had similar probs.

What makes it all worse is that the twat who caused the damage didn't own up to it. The car was parked up outside my place of work.:-o

The underlying colour is fine it just has a kind of yellowy clear layer on top.

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Yup, dash is now white, and seems to have shuffled around a bit. Think it was red before? Radio is alot better, and just generally feels less dark inside with the white lighting instead of red.

White? Red? Is that the MFD you are describing? I was meaning the actual dashboard colour, as in what surrounds the radio and climate control.

I was thinking of finding the radio from the FL and putting it in the Pre FL if the colours were the same.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Hi Chappies

I have a 06/09 facelift FR in Candy White. Someone ran into it in Sept and had to get a new door and left side re spray. The colour match was terrible and its since been re sprayed on the same side 3 times and not really much better. I have seriously gone right off what was a beautiful car. The paint shop say it is a problem with the laquer and will do nothing else with it. They produced a letter from the laquer manufacturer which claims they are aware of the problem with candy white.

What makes it all worse is that the twat who caused the damage didn't own up to it. The car was parked up outside my place of work.:-o

Can't they use a different brand of laquer?
Have you paid for the work?

Bilsten

They tried the two most popular brands, canna remember their names. The first paint was an insurance job and the subsequent jobs were as a result of getting a motor industry assessor in. It's closer now than it was but still annoys me everytime I look at the car. Local dealer getting a black one in with black alloys, leather and winter pack. If I like it the white one will no longer be my problem.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and to warn others about the paint prob with candy white in my case.

The paint shop is owned by the dealer and they claim the paint and laquer were the ones recommended by SEAT.

Poverty

Hi Chappies

Take it to a different place mate. Have had the front end of my car resprayed due to stone chips and the colour matching etc is perfect, you would never be able to tell.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
They tried the two most popular brands, canna remember their names. The first paint was an insurance job and the subsequent jobs were as a result of getting a motor industry assessor in. It's closer now than it was but still annoys me everytime I look at the car. Local dealer getting a black one in with black alloys, leather and winter pack. If I like it the white one will no longer be my problem.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and to warn others about the paint prob with candy white in my case.

The paint shop is owned by the dealer and they claim the paint and laquer were the ones recommended by SEAT.

You should speak to Seat UK, it sounds like they are using inferior product.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
White? Red? Is that the MFD you are describing? I was meaning the actual dashboard colour, as in what surrounds the radio and climate control.

I was thinking of finding the radio from the FL and putting it in the Pre FL if the colours were the same.

Sorry that was the back lighting for it, il take a photo and upload it for you on wed/thurs if thats cool