2009 SEAT Bolero

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
the bolero is a type of dance, I think the original composer is a french guy named Ravel,,,

Nice car tho, much better than the current toledo,,, I doubt they'll name it toledo since the one that's now on the market is a too recent car to ditch it,,,

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Bolero was the name of an old SEAT Concept. I'd be surprised if they dropped the Toledo name.

Thats a piss poor photoshop, but in our interview with the SEAT Design director last year (on the main site), he did say that the current Toledo was a mistake

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I think the use of bolero is due to the head of SEAT being a great fan of Jay-Z and its in homage to his song "Suck my Bolero".

warren_cox

Back from the dead
The day I had to drive one as a courtesy car from the dealers (I don't think I was even asked to sign any paperwork for it as they knew I'd never nick it, AND if I hit the car it would only improve its looks), my work colleague mocked me like most of the day. People were just laughing out loud at it.

I kind of hoped that SEAT had done some market research somewhere and thought that the car may suit a particular market. I'm all for different, but its just wrong.

Walter Da Silva must have been on something pretty strong the night before he penned that. Either that or it was a Friday afternoon job and they were late for the pub so rushed it.

Leonidas

autofacilseatqj7.jpg

If the next Toledo looks like this, and it probably will, I'll have one in my drive way... I like the way it says it will be a cheaper rival to the alfa 159.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
It's just going to be a SEAT Jetta isn't it ? :confused:

Where did all the Mk3 Toledo hate spring from ? Isn't it just an Altea with a more practical load space ??

The Altea looks like it's been rammed by a truck - at least the Mk3 tries to be aerodynamic

Last edited:

Leonidas

I think the Mk3 looks allright from some angles,but this mk4 looks this brilliant.
I doubt it will have that front bumper though.

I dont think it'll be a SEAT Jetta either,more like SEAT A4.
Its suppost to be based on the current Audi A4 platform,so it will be better to drive that a Jetta(It probably would be anyway even if it was based on the Jetta).

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
The new concept just looks like a Bora / Jetta with an Altea / Toledo nose cone and an Alfa 156 arse glued on.
For the record, I think the current Toledo is a better car than people give it credit for....it is designed as a family mover after all, in the same sense as a Touran / Picasso / Scenic / Zafira / C-Max ......without the 7 seats...I dont think any of those have won any touring car trophies recently.
The Altea grows on you as a funky younger latin cousin of the Golf Plus, while beside it, the Leon looks like an Altea than something heavy fell on and squashed its roof down.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
That's the style that you would have expected to have evolved from the Mk 2, given the previous Leon/Toledo affinity. Let's face it, the latest Toledo is dead, even if some like it's capabilities the Altea XL will take over for those who want extra room. Pleased about a return to something more in tune with mine. Not totally convinced about the rear lights and the rear windscreen looks like it might limit rear view. Would look nice with aero kit.

Sincerely hope it's not called the Bolero in the UK. Ice dance and Torville and Dean spring to mind.

Last edited:

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
White Toledo is a photoshop as well, note the two views dont match. The front 3/4 view has the back end of a Yaris Saloon (not available everywhere) for example. its just a jurno's imagination.

If this comes out then SEAT are screwed, that will be four years after the Leon, 5 years after the Altea. They will need fresher ideas than that

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members