2009 SEAT Bolero

Leonidas

seatexeoscantl4.jpg

Exeo_9222.jpg

sosidge

Jun 5, 2004
this looks hot...is that the concept? if it looked like that it would be much better
the audi a4 straight body looks really boring :(

Unfortunately that is just an "artists impression", someone at the magazine had a guess at what the car would look like. Obviously the artist knew more about the current SEAT look than the design office - "these people are mad" etc.

Instead they just bolted a couple of new bumpers and parts bin lights on the MD's uncle's A4.

What a disappointing car - not just for SEAT, but for the European car industry as a whole. Even the Koreans and Malaysians don't do badge engineering so crudely any more.

justsean

Apr 4, 2008
Cumbria
Unfortunately that is just an "artists impression", someone at the magazine had a guess at what the car would look like. Obviously the artist knew more about the current SEAT look than the design office - "these people are mad" etc.

Instead they just bolted a couple of new bumpers and parts bin lights on the MD's uncle's A4.

What a disappointing car - not just for SEAT, but for the European car industry as a whole. Even the Koreans and Malaysians don't do badge engineering so crudely any more.

very disapointing indeed! the magazine concept actually looks really nice, and i would have diffinately had one if they looked like this...the actual car looks like a cheap 2004 audi a4...what a let down considering all seats attempts recently to revamp the brand with the new ibiza, bocanegra concept and even the not so recent mk2 leon. all unique styles that made seat its own brand. 1 step forward 2 steps back...

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
very disapointing indeed! the magazine concept actually looks really nice, and i would have diffinately had one if they looked like this...the actual car looks like a cheap 2004 audi a4...what a let down considering all seats attempts recently to revamp the brand with the new ibiza, bocanegra concept and even the not so recent mk2 leon. all unique styles that made seat its own brand. 1 step forward 2 steps back...

++++1

I think this will seriously damage the whole brand, damn I love my cars (altea 2.0Tdi, prev leon) but this sickens me, it will always be a poor mans audi, and give the Fan Boys plenty of manure to throw about in the pub.... :clap:

I cant see it selling that well either, maybe in emerging markets? :whistle: low CO2 Tdi etc, but not in the EU.

SEAT are ripping the loyal customer off, I certainly wont be buying one of these, the whole point of getting a SEAT was getting something that is scarce and GOOD. This IMO is neither.. very surprised and disappointed.

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
Ok I just checked out the Exeo website. So this won't replace the Mk3 Toledo. What a shame! Whilst the Exeo isn't differentiating itself from the old A4 as much as Skoda's new Superb seems to have, why change a winning formula so much? I actually like the look of the new Exeo and will certainly be test driving one as soon as I can. I couldn't say the same for a Superb, because no matter how good it is, it is after all a Skoda. If Seat throw in the integral umbrella a la Superb they are on to a winner!

From what I can see, what Seat are doing is offering is a "luxury" alternative to Mondeo, Vectra, Accord etc. It certainly looks a lot better than the Passat. If it is as good to drive as my current Mk2 Toledo V5(170) I will certainly be interested when it comes round to reluctantly changing her.

As for the emerging markets potential, Skoda seem to have the lions share of that one already in E Europe and India from my own experience. I wonder if Seat's have that market in South America. It certainly won't do Seat any harm at all if ship loads of Seats are sold in emerging markets too.

Last edited:

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
No joke at all - I'm an 80's bloke. Back then the joke was the only people that bought a Skoda were very poor or sick yuppies having a laugh on the weekend. Unfortunately that label has stuck in the mind for some.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
yeah, I know, it was the same here in italy during the 80s and my point was that you were goin' like

v5er said:
I couldn't say the same for a Superb, because no matter how good it is, it is after all a Skoda

while almost the same treatment was reserved to seats and we all know it ain't the same now so you should know that no, it ain't no more like "it is after all a Skoda",,,

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
This can only be a good thing for someone like me who quite likes it but cannot afford a brand new car.
Hopefully (for me!) they'll depreciate like a brick so in 3 years when I come to replace my Toledo I can pick one up for very little (compared to an equivalent A4) - then it'll start to seem like fantastic value for money!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.